It doesn't work fine!
I have tried an older version of TeamSpeak with Sinusbot in windows and it doesn't work for me.
I already answered to your "it doesn't work but I'm not gonna tell you more about it" posts a few times. There is exactly ONE reason why it wouldn't work with < 3.1 - and that would be if your server administrator forbids all client versions below 3.1. And since I don't know any reason why that should be the case (I'll gladly speed up development if there's ANY hint on the last versions of 3.0.x being more insecure or whatever than 3.1), I'm priorizing other issues / features.
If that server side restriction is not the case for you, the error is most likely on your side. Again, I asked several times for reports / logs, but didn't get any usable responses besides "it does not work".
Hundreds of other people who haven't responded are in similar situations or do not have access to older versions of TeamSpeak!
By the way saying it works ok (or not) for hundreds of others is a poor response.
I think people would rather you say that workaround may work and that you're working as fast as possible (hope you are) to issue a fix to this.
Fact is, the bot is running just fine with 3.0.x on a proper Windows/TS installation. I'm running tests on clean Windows installations and I try to keep dependencies at a minimum so not many things will interfere with the installation (as everyone knows, most especially older Windows installations are pretty messed up when it comes to dependencies / libraries). And if it works for most people AND the few for whom it doesn't work don't provide more information, it's good enough for me to leave such a "poor response". I can't stress enough that this is not a multimillion company but a hobby project of a single person.
But again, if you installed 3.1 at any time and want the bot to run on the same system, do the following:
- Uninstall TS 3.1 and make sure it is removed completely
- Remove the "TeamSpeak 3 Client" directory from your SinusBot installation (per default in C:\SinusBot) as well as the data\ts3 directory; better would be to even remove the C:\SinusBot directory completely.
- Install TS < 3.1
- Install the Bot
- Verify the clients' version in C:\SinusBot\TeamSpeak 3 Client is correct
One last thing especially for you, @Peskie
: I specifically checked all your posts to make sure I didn't miss anything. The only thing I got from your older thread, is that you probably just didn't click the SinusBot logo in the tray (next to the clock) to open the bots' interface or messed up the config prior to start. There is not a single sign in your reports that your issue has got ANYTHING to do with the _client_ installation at all, as the bot would start in _any_ case (given you didn't mess up the config file). Run the bot from a command line to get more output on what's going on with it.