• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Bot doesnt connect (Fresh install from script, and updated linux)

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
We only use it for a Discord bot and ts things so we can make a backup. But the last time I upgraded the OS it didn't delete anything
Always prefer the fresh install imho. So you're not accidentially carrying over some old mess causing some issues eventually.

loversama

The issue is happening with 90% of the script (external tool) users, those commands shouldn't be necessary at all.

I personally couldn't reproduce any of those errors on any of my VPSs, though I'm only manually installing.
My guess is rather a missconfigurated server issue, than sth caused by sinusbot or teamspeak itself.

Perhaps though I am seeing mixed messages of people using the script.. I am sure for most they have just updated the Bot and the client.. most of us I believe have tried all the new dependencies..

Its certainly a TS3 client issue, it seems to be affecting Ubuntu moreso? I am using Ubuntu 18 LTS, only thing newer is 19 and Ubuntu makes a new version every 2 years? xD

I don't think its the fault of the bot but I think you guys are one of the rare few people that use TS3 client with no GUI and we cant debug why it wont load right now.. but yeah I suspect maybe dependency issue or something but very hard to confirm right now..

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
I had a migration from Ubuntu 18.04 to Debian 10 two weeks ago. Both systems ran/run fine with 1.0.0beta3 and TS3.3.0
Admittedly I have no idea why the script is messing up, and frankly I don't even want to.

My tip for anyone is the following: You can use a script, if you understand what it's doing, to make your life easier. If you use a script, and got no idea what it's basically doing, then you're eventually always depending on others help.
The fear of non-GUI is real, but unneeded. It just takes a while to realize the actions.

Learn what files are important to backup. Back them up. Afterwards nothing can happen to you... of course care for the backup.
So now you are free to do a fresh install and try yourself out. If you fail, you can still you the installer. But don't skip it, because of laziness.

If you want to cook, there's prolly no way getting around heat.
Same goes for Sinusbot and command line.