• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

[BUG?]Bots won't play any kind of music

Tyloendis

Helping Hand
Hey!

Since yesterday my bots are in an open rebellion, they don't want to play any kind of music. Not from youtube, not from manually uploaded music from the webadmin.
I got the standard responses in TS chat and in the bot log.

However nothing happens.

These lines could be interesting in the bot log tho:

Especially the last line, libpulse.so.0 : "cant open the share objectfile: No such file or directory" it is written by my VPS's original langauge so I guess the problem is not the with bot itself.

I tried to update bot files without luck, havent tried reinstalling it, I have really bad experiences with that (last time database become bugged becouse of reinstall)

VPS is 2 GB Ram, 2 CPU core, Debian 9.8 stretch release. Bot version is 0.14.3-0e747fd.

Any idea guys?

Tyloendis

Helping Hand
Ok, now I have 1.0a6.
But the problem still exists.

libpulse.so.0 : "cant open the shared objectfile: No such file or directory"

Any info about this error line?

Multivitamin

Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
can you please provide also the log where you try to start playing music? best would be to trigger that via command

Tyloendis

Helping Hand
Ahm, dont really understand. What kind of log? Is there some command with sinusbot, that gives information on TS? xD

Night

Dear Tyloendis,

Did you try to delete your installation and try to setup sinusbot via "Sinusbot Installer"

Which version of teamspeak you are using in sinusbot installation.
Which version of sinusbot you are using in sinusbot installation.

Paste here your config file and "Instances Log" from webpanel.

Best regards,
Adrian

Tyloendis

Helping Hand
Hello Night!

Yep I deleted everything (saved data folder) and reinstalled via script. Same thing happens.

Teamspeak version used by the bot is: 3.2.3
Currently I'm using: 0.14.3-0e747fd, but tried the newest 1.0 version too without luck.

I downloaded the lastest youtube-dll also. Btw a little addition, self uploaded music plays well, the streamed ones are the problem.

config.ini

Instance log

Tyloendis

Helping Hand
Update:
I installed a debian package named pulseaudio which has that "libpulse.so.0 file. " Now that error linechanged: "connected to pulse audio server"
But the original problem still persists

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You're fixing irrelevant stuff there - the bot doesn't use pulse or such audio backends, so you can safely ignore those issues. Set loglevel to 11 and try playing a local file. That should report why it's not playing. Please tell us more about the issue and what you do if the problem can't be fixed that way.
Don't try youtube-dl as long as local playback isn't working as that can introduce many other issues while local playback usually won't fail.

Tyloendis

Helping Hand

Bot log with log level 11, this can be interesting. Both with !yt and with youtube playlist from webadmin or with any kind of remote music.
Local playback works well.
Instance log doesn't seem too interesting but here it is: Pastebin

Tyloendis

Helping Hand
Ok, so I ran an installer-script update again and now !ytdl works. So downloading and playing it after is fine. Juuust instant stream doesn't work.