• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Discussion - Operating system ( VPS )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Boss

Hello Sinus users .. i Have purchase a VPS... and As you all know there is Operating systems like debian , centOS , ubuntu ..

So what is the difference bitween this operating systems .. :)

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Well, I'm also really new in the Linux world but as far as I know it is basically like android and different smartphone producers (Samsung, Sony, Huawei, LG, etc). So everyone has the same ground OS but adds different things or tools to it, e.g. different skins or user interface (for the Linux Desktop OS) or enchants commands like 'useradd' to 'adduser' with many new options and a better "interface" (just an example for ubuntu).

Maybe they are also doing some ground stuff different like partition management.

Or I'm absolutely wrong and there are huge difference between all of them.
So... I'm pretty sure the "hardcore Linux user" here will tell us :)

Devil Boss

Well, I'm also really new in the Linux world but as far as I know it is basically like android and different smartphone producers (Samsung, Sony, Huawei, LG, etc). So everyone has the same ground OS but adds different things or tools to it, e.g. different skins or user interface (for the Linux Desktop OS) or enchants commands like 'useradd' to 'adduser' with many new options and a better "interface" (just an example for ubuntu).

Maybe they are also doing some ground stuff different like partition management.

Or I'm absolutely wrong and there are huge difference between all of them.
So... I'm pretty sure the "hardcore Linux user" here will tell us :)
oh Ok ..what i mean is there deference between the commands ..?! i want to install the Sinux Sctipt in My VPS And i Dont want to But Operating system that have deffernt Commands with the script installing ): ..Any way like you said the hardcore linux user will know better ..

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
oh Ok ..what i mean is there deference between the commands ..?! i want to install the Sinux Sctipt in My VPS And i Dont want to But Operating system that have deffernt Commands with the script installing ): ..Any way like you said the hardcore linux user will know better ..

Heyho :)

i wanna try to clearify some things:

You say above: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS.

Ubuntu, is on the Core the same as Debian the difference is Debian is more for Servers, Ubuntu has the Focus on Desktop.
Debian uses more Stable, (older) packages and has a Focus on security.
Ubuntu uses newer packages you get more / faster new features.

CentOS has more Differences as Debian, CentOS and Fedora come's from the Redhat Family (https://www.redhat.com/en) behind Redhat stands a Company they give Support for the OS (Redhat is more a Bussiness Linux) .
Debian / Ubuntu and other Forks are community maintained.
CentOS (Community Enterprise Operating System) is also maintained by a Community but they has the same Focus as RedHat :)

You have differences between Debian and CentOS yes.
Some commands are the same.

--

The biggest difference is actually the goal of the groups / companies.
Some people want a Clean Simple Linux, others a Secure and Stable Linux.
Again others want the latest packages and Updates.

As an example we take the Sinusbot, for Sinusbot you do not need a Bussiness Linux. A Debian or Ubuntu does here the job.
The Sinusbot also works on Arch Linux and CentOS / Fedora however it is nothing for beginners because here libraries must be compiled by self because CentOS / Fedora uses older packages.

Devil Boss

Thanks ..But Wait ! you said the Debian is more security than Ubuntu .. you mean like firewall or what ........ in My Server i will but my TS3 Server And Also the Sinux Bot .. so
What do you recommend me with ( Debian or Ubuntu ) and why

Status
Not open for further replies.