• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Doesn't work after SinusBot update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

It told me it will not run until I update it so I updated it. Now it says this, please help any ideas? And no, the bot is not running by the way.

Code:
sinus@ip-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx:~/sinusbot$ ./sinusbot
Could not open /tmp/.sinusbot.lock. Is SinusBot already running?

Imran

I tried that (with rm -r on root) and it still did not work. It just gave me another error. I will backup and reinstall and reply if it works or not.

Imran

Now it says this help please
Code:
Error: Could not create directory /opt/sinusbot/data/; mkdir /opt/sinusbot/data/: permission denied

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
[faq=18][/faq]

Imran

Code:
chown -R sinusbot:sinusbot /opt/sinusbot/data
chown sinusbot:sinusbot /opt/sinusbot/config.ini
These 2 commands both ran without any problem. Now I get this when I run ./sinusbot:

Code:
Error: Could not create directory /opt/sinusbot/data//db; mkdir /opt/sinusbot/data//db: permission denied

When I try to as root:
Code:
./sinusbot -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat 2017/06/16
19:05:03 The parameter '-RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat' has been disabled for security reasons."]

Just someone tell me how to bypass this stupid running as root message, I think it will solve all my problems.

I want to run as root, I know the risks just tell me how someone please!

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Just someone tell me how to bypass this stupid running as root message, I think it will solve all my problems.

I want to run as root, I know the risks just tell me how someone please!

Well you just can't with the current release.

Also it looks like you applied the change of ownership correctly. Now you just need to switch to the "sinusbot"-user and start the bot via the "sinusbot"-user

You failed here, because your bot-user is called sinus
From your first post:
sinus@ip-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx:~/sinusbot$ ./sinusbot
Could not open /tmp/.sinusbot.lock. Is SinusBot already running?

So you just gave the directory right/ownership to the user "sinusbot" (which most likely doesn't exist on your server) and now you trying again to start it with the user "sinus".
To fix it create the user sinusbot and start the bot with him or re-change the ownership again but this time to sinus:sinus

Imran

Aha! I'm so clumzy xD thanks so much. Now however I'm running into another issue...

Code:
/opt/sinusbot$ ./sinusbot
Library version mismatch. Please copy the updated plugin to the client directory.
Sanity checks failed, unable to run. Please read the installation-guide carefully and contact support if necessary.

How do I fix this?

Edit: Oh.. f*ck me I just read that I need to reinstall it on another thread. Oh well brb after I reinstall it...

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
You need to copy the plugin from plugins/ into your-teamspeak-client/plugins

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Aha! I'm so clumzy xD thanks so much. Now however I'm running into another issue...

Code:
/opt/sinusbot$ ./sinusbot
Library version mismatch. Please copy the updated plugin to the client directory.
Sanity checks failed, unable to run. Please read the installation-guide carefully and contact support if necessary.

How do I fix this?

Edit: Oh.. f*ck me I just read that I need to reinstall it on another thread. Oh well brb after I reinstall it...

No reinstallerino..

You again forgot to follow the wiki-update guide.

Execute the command:
cp plugin/libsoundbot_plugin.so TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/plugins

Which copies the new TS3 plugin which is the interface between the bot and the TS3 client from the update-folder into the bot-ts3 client folder.

In other words, you need to move/copy the new "libsoundbot_plugin.so"-file which came with the update into the folder botTS3clientFoldername/plugins

Last edited:

Imran

You need to copy the plugin from plugins/ into your-teamspeak-client/plugins
No reinstallerion..

You again forgot to follow the wiki-update guide.

Execute the command:
cp plugin/libsoundbot_plugin.so TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/plugins

Which copies the new TS3 plugin which is the interface between the bot and the TS3 client from the update-folder into the bot-ts3 client folder.

In other words, you need to move/copy the new "libsoundbot_plugin.so"-file which came with the update into the folder botTS3clientFoldername/plugins

THANKS guys <3 all good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.