• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

[Feature] Expand Play folder feature

Kilian57

Hey there,
I recently started to use the play folder function a lot more because I didn't want to create playlists for everyone. I noticed some inconveniences.
1. After queuing anything, the playback doesn't resume
This bothers me the most. I'd love it if the bot would just go back to what was playing before it worked the queue. People often add one YouTube Video to the queue and then it's just followed by silence. It works for playlist but not the play folder feature.
2. A play folder command
The search command returns matching folders. So I'm wondering if it would be possible to use the play command to start the playback of the folder.
3. Enqueuing a folder
Add a whole folder to the queue. "Simple" as that. Maybe add a limit, but this could be cool.
4. Play everything including subfolders
This is rather vague in my mind yet but maybe there could be an additional function to play the music from a folder and all its subfolders.

These are just some ideas I had. Only my first point has a really high priority for me because it creates a negative experience.
I hope this is not too complicated and is somewhat helpful. Thanks once again for all your hard work. It's been a pleasure using the bot for years now.
Sincerely
Kilian