Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Feature request - Discord join channel

KaToKa11

Donor
is awesome!
Hello,

It would nice to have the feature that allows the bot to automatically join the VC of the user that requested the song (and stay there until no song has been played for 5 mins or so).

Additionally it would be nice to be able to use the Discord RoleIDs as the group-id for an account (webinterface), so I can allow all users to request a song. (If the API allows it/the bot can query the RoleIDs)

Thanks,
KaToKa | Paul

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
It would nice to have the feature that allows the bot to automatically join the VC of the user that requested the song (and stay there until no song has been played for 5 mins or so).
This could be done via scripts. In the latest insider releases there is also a !join command that moves the bot to your channel.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to use the Discord RoleIDs as the group-id for an account (webinterface), so I can allow all users to request a song. (If the API allows it/the bot can query the RoleIDs)
This is already possible. The group id needs to be set in the following way: <guild id>/<role id>
I made a script to print these IDs a while ago, it's a bit outdated now but should still work: https://forum.sinusbot.com/resources/group-list.388/

KaToKa11

Donor
is awesome!
Thanks for the fast response. I updated my bot to the alpha yesterday, so I could use the !join command. Still it the automatic-join would be a nice feature to have. And so far I haven't found a script that does the trick.

I'll definitely will check out your script for the IDs.

Thanks again.