• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

[FEATURE REQUEST] Script store/updater

Devs: do you think this would make things easier for you?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SacredSkull

I get a lot of reports from users of my scripts that it doesn't work because x doesn't exist - which often is because:

- They don't have the latest version of my script
- They don't have the latest version of sinusbot

It would be great if Sinusbot came with its own repository browser/installer/updater for scripts.
This way its clear to a user when the script or their Sinusbot is out of date. An automatic updater for Sinusbot is more complicated and I don't have any problems doing it manually - everyone has to download the TS client after all.

Because of the large changes to 0.11 this would be a good time to clean out all the old scripts that haven't been updated - so only 0.11.x compatible scripts should be entered into this database. The repository would ideally allow users to find new scripts but let's get updating first before that :)

The only alternative I can think of is adding an update checker in my scripts to tell the user to upgrade somehow.

...If the script resource section has a publically readable database I'd happily code something to do this!