• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Few questions :) (playlists, ducking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macko

Hi there guys! I just installed this bot and I think it's awesome! But I have few questions that are bothering me.

1. When I'm creating new playlist from youtube (youtube playlist) does the bot download the WHOLE playlist on my disk? Or just song by song and then delete them? Where is the directory that these songs are stored.

2. Ducking~. I have this option disabled but still when I press my "push to talk hotkey" my volume goes down, any fix?

3. When I send command from ts3 !yt it downloads song -> play it -> delete it from my VPS? Correct?

4. I can't upload avatar... "upload failed" (yes I gave the bot permission)

Also sorry guys for my english I'm not native speaker.

Regards, Maciej.

Last edited:

Blubber4456

1. As far as i know it DOES download the song and store it in a special file format. This allows it to quickly play it back if you ever enter that URL again.
2. Are you a priority speaker? It may be tied directly to your user.
3. See question 1. It does not delete it. As far as i know, that is.
4. TS3 is very very picky about avatar size. I had to try 6 or 7 different images before one worked. it has to be a certain pixel by pixel size. The Max size is: 300 by 300 px

Macko

Thank you for your answers!

Well about "downloading and saving" I think it DOES delete it cuz space of my hard drive is the same. Maybe it stores only link to it and title etc. also in the "info" page we can see
!yt playback an <url> via external youtube-dl (if enabled); beware: the file will be downloaded first and played back afterwards, so there might be a slight delay before playback starts
and
!ytdl playback an <url> via external youtube-dl (if enabled); beware: the file will be downloaded first and played back afterwards, so there might be a slight delay before playback starts; additionally, the file will be stored

but maybe someone can confirm that? : )

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
!yt downloads the song, deleting it afterwards
!ytdl downloads the song without deleting it afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.