• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN FollowMe Script not working correctl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I just tried to use the followme script and it isn't working.
I debugged it a little and found out if the client is leaving the bots channel 'ev.clientUid' is empty, so it can't determine if the client should be followed or not.
Additionally I'd love to see a feature where you can catch all client channel change events so that the bot can follow someone when he switches the channel and is not in one with the bot.

Greetings
Sabbertran

Gibts hierzu schon irgendwelche Neuigkeiten?
Hab gesehen das das halbe Forum hier ja deutsch ist, dann kann ich ja auch so schreiben

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
In den Dev-Foren wäre es schon schön, wenn's einheitlich wäre. Die meisten, die aktiv entwickeln haben ja auch irgendwo Englisch-Kenntnisse ;)

Regarding your questions: I haven't yet checked the clientUid when a client leaves, but I'll fix it so that it works as expected. The clientMove-event should actually be called for ANY user movement, so it should not be necessary to be in the same channel as the bot.

Thanks for the answer.
Regarding, the event. Do you say that it should be called for any channel or that it is? Because in my case it only gets triggered when someone leaves or joins the bots channel
This is what I use to check the movements:
Code:
sinusbot.on('clientMove', function(ev) {
        log('Switched to ' + ev.newChannel + ' : ' + ev.clientNick);
});

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Yes, it should always trigger that event. Does your bot have the privilege to subscribe to all channels? That's most likely the default, but in your case it sounds as if it's not. Should you change the privileges, a restart of the bot is required.

Does it need to be able to subscribe to all channels?
There are some channels which it can't subscribe to, but it should still work for the other channels, shouldn't it?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
It should work for all channels / users the bot can see, yes. You could check yourself with the identity of the bot (or, if it's standard-privileges the bot was given, you could try to connect to your server as a guest).

Status
Not open for further replies.