• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Full license and one bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justman10000

Helping Hand
And if you understand it so zero, I can also explain each line individually, so that one knows that I have a plan of what I do! The opposite of which, by the way, is an insinuation

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
First of all, stop spamming the thread, we get notification for every single response.
And that annoys already a few people (got complaints about that). You can write it in one single message.

No idea what you mean!
That's kinda sad. You're so confident about your own skills and can't see anything else. I had my reasons why I decided to not put you into the mod team, and I see once again that it was the correct decision. The rest of the team agrees on that.

Dude, one should understand Bash to be able to manage a server! If one can't even customise my templates (where there are comments, by the way), one shouldn't be managing a server
That's not for you to decide.

Besides, I have already given the finished adaptation!
Your adaption is incorrect / poses possible issues in the future and strives away from our official guide. If the user ever needs support again and asks on discord or wherever, we're gonna have a hard time figuring out how it's set up and why it fails.

I hope that's understandable enough for you, I don't know how I would be able to make it more clear.

MauriceR

Contributor
Please stop posting multiple answers and combine them into one answer next time.

Yes, I'm going out of my way for a bash template .... But anyway, don't let anyone use it! Have so much time
The template you posted is pretty much just a copy of the official guide, with duplicates and pretty much no explanations (multiple downloads and unpacking multiple times)
Also you're installing the sinusbot in a completely different folder, which will lead to problems once the installer is up-to-date, as it will not find the correct installation folder.

Dude, one should understand Bash to be able to manage a server! If one can't even customise my templates (where there are comments, by the way), one shouldn't be managing a server
Understanding Bash is advantageous, but that's why there's a official guide that leads you through the installation. (Also thats why there was a installer script)

Justman10000

Helping Hand
That's kinda sad. You're so confident about your own skills and can't see anything else.
I still don't know what you mean!
I had my reasons why I decided to not put you into the mod team, and I see once again that it was the correct decision. The rest of the team agrees on that.
You're just a normal user? LOL? Well, and a Donator... And... Insider?
That's not for you to decide.
That's not a decision, that's a fact! You do realise that you need Bash to manage a server? Or can you operate on someone without the knowledge of a doctor? I don't think so...
Your adaption is incorrect
What makes you think that? Read a book before you judge it! In other words, test the script first, then complain if something is wrong
poses possible issues in the future and strives away from our official guide. If the user ever needs support again and asks on discord or wherever, we're gonna have a hard time figuring out how it's set up and why it fails.
Maybe, but that's what I'm here for!

If people are already complaining, I probably have no business here! Looks like I'll have to put Sinusbot on my blacklist too, with the other applications, which is fatal, because Sinusbot is really good in itself, and seems to be getting better if it really does become opensource with the hosting version! Oh and... As I said, I test my bash templates, bevor it will be published! Never had any problems!

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
You're just a normal user? LOL? Well, and a Donator... And... Insider?
I am part of the staff team, we just did not bothered to update perms here
What makes you think that? Read a book before you judge it! In other words, test the script first, then complain if something is wrong
I am doing this shit since 14 years. I know my stuff. The instructions you gave are incomplete and partly wrong and bad practice. And it confuses users.

Xorog

Insider
Insider
Looking at your script, you don't seem to have a deep understanding of sinusbot, bash nor linux as a whole. Please stop acting like some sort of saint while you are more than clearly not. I also want to remind you that you're talking to people who have literal years of experience, again, unlike you.

Justman10000

Helping Hand
Looking at your script, you don't seem to have a deep understanding of sinusbot, bash nor linux as a whole. Please stop acting like some sort of saint while you are more than clearly not. I also want to remind you that you're talking to people who have literal years of experience, again, unlike you.
However, there is also no point in putting people down here! And you, too, tell me what is wrong! I can only repeat myself!

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
FYI I banned you from the SinusBot discord server. I have enough of you, as well as the rest.
Like xorog said, you act like a saint.
Ref:
Screenshot_20230625-133840_Discord.jpg

However, there is also no point in putting people down here! And you, too, tell me what is wrong! I can only repeat myself!
You are annoying other users. There are many people still watching this forum and you give them all a headache.

Stop helping and leave it to the experienced people please.

Justman10000

Helping Hand
FYI I banned you from the SinusBot discord server. I have enough of you, as well as the rest.
Like xorog said, you act like a saint.
Ref:
View attachment 4646

You are annoying other users. There are many people still watching this forum and you give them all a headache.

Stop helping and leave it to the experienced people please.
Then I have no choice! Then f*ck off with this shit! I'm sick and tired of little kids like you! I asked you to tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can learn from it! But well! I guess there's a lot you can say to toddlers like you! Put Sinusbot on the blacklist now!

But hey, it doesn't matter how a person feels who only tried to justify himself and do you justice! But I guess that's what one gets for helping people! Just don't show your face in public, then you won't harm other people out there.

Xorog

Insider
Insider
Lovely comment! Not true, unfortunately. I am not putting you down, i am stating mere facts. You're not helping, you're worsening the situation for everyone involved.

Here's some key points that i specifically noticed, i'm sure there's more:

- deleting lock files is a practice you should definitely avoid.
- you're downloading packages completely irrelevant to the function of sinusbot
- you're downloading multiple versions of sinusbot
- you're downloading both yt-dl and yt-dlp
- you keep the binaries of both in your home folder and linking them with a symlink
- you're giving everyone permissions on files that not everyone should have permissions to
- you're starting sinusbot multiple times

Just because it works for you, does not mean it's practical nor a good way installing sinusbot. It will more than likely cause more issues in the future and we'd like to avoid that.

You should recognize that you're clearly being told off and leave this forum with the little grace you have left. We appreciate that you're just trying to help but like we stated previously, it's not helping.

Justman10000

Helping Hand
Lovely comment! Not true, unfortunately. I am not putting you down, i am stating mere facts. You're not helping, you're worsening the situation for everyone involved.

Here's some key points that i specifically noticed, i'm sure there's more:

- deleting lock files is a practice you should definitely avoid.
- you're downloading packages completely irrelevant to the function of sinusbot
- you're downloading multiple versions of sinusbot
- you're downloading both yt-dl and yt-dlp
- you keep the binaries of both in your home folder and linking them with a symlink
- you're giving everyone permissions on files that not everyone should have permissions to
- you're starting sinusbot multiple times

Just because it works for you, does not mean it's practical nor a good way installing sinusbot. It will more than likely cause more issues in the future and we'd like to avoid that.

You should recognize that you're clearly being told off and leave this forum with the little grace you have left. We appreciate that you're just trying to help but like we stated previously, it's not helping.
IT IS A TEMPLATE! ONE MUST CUSTOMIZE IT! BOY! There are all the versions that exist! Delete the ones you don't want to load! So leave only one version there! You can decide BETWEEN yt-dl and yt-dlp! You CAN DECIDE HOW you want to start the bot! E IS A TEMPLATE! And you want to know better? Who don't even understand an obvious template? Shall I explain more? No? That's better!

Xorog

Insider
Insider
IT IS A TEMPLATE! ONE MUST CUSTOMIZE IT! BOY! There are all the versions that exist! Delete the ones you don't want to load! So leave only one version there! You can decide BETWEEN yt-dl and yt-dlp! You CAN DECIDE HOW you want to start the bot! E IS A TEMPLATE! And you want to know better? Who don't even understand an obvious template? Shall I explain more? No? That's better!
In which case, you should not simply state that it's a script, that will entice people to just run it and instead address it as template, as you say.
Your template does not even contain a note saying that it is a template and people should modify it. Also, please enlighten me more, it is quite humorous watching you trying to justify yourself. :)

Last edited:

Justman10000

Helping Hand
In which case, you should not simply state that it's a script
I have also corrected myself afterwards🤨
our template does not even contain a note saying that it is a script and people should modify it
🤔
Also, please enlighten me more, it is quite humorous watching you trying to justify yourself. :)
Oh, so you think it's funny? Putting someone down? Interesting...

Xorog

Insider
Insider
I wonder how a 20-21 year old cannot grasp the concept of being told off. Even with the script being a template, the other points still stand. It contains terrible practices, is incomplete and will simply not work for everyone. It is quite funny to put someone down, indeed. Especially when they're persistent! You should consider stand up comedy, i think you'll have great success clowning on stage rather than online forums.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Can we please all calm down a bit? I think the intention of @Justman10000 was to help people with the script/template, and that's actually a really nice thing. There might be a lack of portability and it needs explanation, so while it might not be of help to everyone instantly, it might be of value to some.

Even if the quality of a script / solution or whatever is not what others with more experience could come up with, writing something like that is still on the path to becoming better at it, and I think we should all respect everyones journey. Just telling "it's bad, contains bad practices" etc doesn't really help. Instead, why not point out what exactly is bad / bad practice instead of just demotivating? I myself also started with basic scripts/programs that were probably really bad (heck, if I was confident that the code of SinusBot was good / used only good practices, I would already have open sourced it 😃), but gladly most people were affirming and pushed me, so I eventually got better at it.

I feel a bit sorry that it's even necessary to provide workarounds to things that should work out of the box in the first place - I sadly just don't have more time right now.

Xorog

Insider
Insider
While i do agree that it is part of improving, the problem is not that the script, or in this case template, is bad. I have even pointed out the bad practices he made upon his request. The problem lies within how Justman tries to justify it, how he dismissed actual guides, how he is so persistent despite being given key points to work on and his attitude towards people who simply know more.

Justman10000

Helping Hand
Can we please all calm down a bit? I think the intention of @Justman10000 was to help people with the script/template, and that's actually a really nice thing. There might be a lack of portability and it needs explanation, so while it might not be of help to everyone instantly, it might be of value to some.

Even if the quality of a script / solution or whatever is not what others with more experience could come up with, writing something like that is still on the path to becoming better at it, and I think we should all respect everyones journey. Just telling "it's bad, contains bad practices" etc doesn't really help. Instead, why not point out what exactly is bad / bad practice instead of just demotivating? I myself also started with basic scripts/programs that were probably really bad (heck, if I was confident that the code of SinusBot was good / used only good practices, I would already have open sourced it 😃), but gladly most people were affirming and pushed me, so I eventually got better at it.

I feel a bit sorry that it's even necessary to provide workarounds to things that should work out of the box in the first place - I sadly just don't have more time right now.
Thank you! The thing I was trying to say all along

Justman10000

Helping Hand
While i do agree that it is part of improving, the problem is not that the script, or in this case template, is bad. I have even pointed out the bad practices he made upon his request. The problem lies within how Justman tries to justify it, how he dismissed actual guides, how he is so persistent despite being given key points to work on and his attitude towards people who simply know more.
That may be all! Just how would you feel if someone said your work was terrible? I pointed out that it's a template, so one has to adapt it! And sure I have the experience to write a proper script, or make one from it, just.... Would it be worth it? I mean, it wouldn't be the first of its kind...

Status
Not open for further replies.