• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

How import a playlist via youtube-dl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Did you empty the folder before trying to delete it? It should output a message when you're trying to delete a folder with files (or links in this case) in it, but it seems that it's currently not showing... :/

kapabac

Contributor
Insider
Files in the folder I also can not delete, of the many attempts to make it happen 3-5 times to delete files in the folder, that is several times to get it done, but in my created playlists many files, I could not clean at least one folder entirely... :( these are the pies :)
p.s. slightly off topic prompt where I write to you on the place with unfinished translation?

Last edited:

Am4n

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Did you empty the folder before trying to delete it? It should output a message when you're trying to delete a folder with files (or links in this case) in it, but it seems that it's currently not showing... :/
is it possible (since youtube dl can download the cover) to actually download the cover (or atleast the thumbnail of the video) together with the video?

veskah

So I'm running the bot on a Windows 10 machine with the 1/1/16 build of the youtube-dl plugin. When I check the terminal window it brings up, it shows that the youtube-dl version is compatible and support was enabled. However I don't see any new options in the web portal for the bot. I also checked the options in the playlist to do it the same way OP did it, but I only get four options: Rename Playlist, Delete Playlist, Play on Startup, Play when Idle.

What do I seem to be missing?

Ammar

Sorry for re-opening this old thread. I am getting "Could not read playlist: invalid character 'W' looking for beginning of value" and can't seem to import any playlist using YT-DL. YT-DL and sinusbot is up-to-date and I have tried rebooting the VPS several times but in vain. Any help would be highly appreciated.

VPS:
CPU: 1vCore--core i7 4.7 Ghz
Ram: 1 GB DDR 4 ECC 2400 MHZ
Storage: 10 GB SSD RAID
Bandwidth: 100 Mbps(1Gbps burst)

Status
Not open for further replies.