• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN How to close chat window

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaynorman

Hello

I've noticed the use of client.chat(msg) and was wondering if there was a command to close chat window

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
remote teamspeak clients can't close another clients chat window

shaynorman

Still not understanding it I guess, whats the benefit you hope to get from that?
So people can’t reply to the bot. It sends them the information then closes the window, it will then have a tag preventing people from opening conversations with it

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
So people can’t reply to the bot. It sends them the information then closes the window, it will then have a tag preventing people from opening conversations with it

Closing a chatwindow in the TS3 client doesn't stop another client to respond to you. For your example you would still need to store the client somehow and ignore him when he is allready stored or so.

Edit: It looks like this if the other person (e.g. the bot) closes his chat window for me
ZXwG36j.png

Last edited:

shaynorman

Closing a chatwindow in the TS3 client doesn't stop another client to respond to you. For your example you would still need to store the client somehow and ignore him when he is allready stored or so.

That’s incorrect. If I have a DND tag where I need 100 message power to be messaged no one under that can message me. However if I message someone else they can reply to me, even though I have that tag. When I then close the chat window they can no longer reply as it thinks they are trying to open a new chat with me which they can do

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
That’s incorrect. If I have a DND tag where I need 100 message power to be messaged no one under that can message me. However if I message someone else they can reply to me, even though I have that tag. When I then close the chat window they can no longer reply as it thinks they are trying to open a new chat with me which they can do
Mhh, dunno about that, never tested it. Maybe there is even a TS3 right for it to disable the "allow chat back if I started"

because on some servers I got whispered but couldn't reply back.

But I personally hate the TS3 right system anyways, so I would never trust on it and always program a client ignore function into my script.

Also deepening on your script, nothing will happen at all if you message a client and he response but your script hasn't any chat event listener.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.