• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN [Idea] Chat Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabrice

Helping Hand
I for one find it often easier to use commands in chat to execute certain things. Here's my suggestion.

Admin
  • !kick <name> (or part of name)
    • (05. Sep 2015) currently, you cannot perform a kick from the bot via scripts
  • !ban <name> <time> <reason>
    • (05. Sep 2015) currently, you cannot perform a ban from the bot via scripts
  • !pban <reason>
    If pre-defined ban times for violations could be added like spamming has a pre-set message and ban time then this could be used for quick banning.
  • !unban <name>
  • !mute <name> <time>
    • (05. Sep 2015) currently, you cannot perform a 'mute' from the bot via scripts
  • !unmute <name>
    • (05. Sep 2015) currently, you cannot perform a 'mute' from the bot via scripts
  • !set afk <name>
    Moves user to afk channel
    • (05. Sep 2015) see this
  • !pmsg <message>
    Sends entire server a poke message (could be with optional group choice)
    • (05. Sep 2015) added to my script to-do list
  • !msg <message>
    Sends entire server a private message (could be with optional group choice)
    • (05. Sep 2015) same as above
  • !freeze <name> <time>
    Makes a user unable to leave his channel (If he does he's moved back. Incase of relogging he should be moved to that channel again. With optional time on it)
User
  • !create <channelname> <voice / music>
    Creates a sub channel in pre-defined place and sets channel admin to the creator. Temp delay could be added to as extra feature maybe. Usefull if your users always make channels in the wrong place. Also allows them to select opus of music codec.
    • (05. Sep 2015) is possible
  • !afk
    Moves you to afk
  • !time
    Show time and date (special right?)
    • (05. Sep 2015) is possible (i would do it without some special rights...)
  • !alarm <time>
    Pokes you when the choosen time is reached.
  • !dalarm <date> <time>
    Same as above but allows for different future day to be set.
    • (05. Sep 2015) for that, I have to check if I can save something into a document, because if the bot restarts, all variables of the script are gone...
  • !me <name>
    Sends the user a private message with their unique id, ip, first time they connected, total connections. For admins it could show the info about others.
  • !lock <time>
    Locks the channel they are in for the time choosen with a random password. Only should work for pre-defined channels and post password in the channel chat or in pm.
  • !mod
    Sets the channel to moderated, giving current users in the channel talk power but new entering users not. They could get talk power with like !amod <name>. If user who set it leaves the channel it should be undone.
    • (05. Sep 2015) currently, it's impossible to give a client talkpower vie scripts
Music Related
  • !music <botname>
    Adds you to whisperlist of the bot name you typed.
    • (05. Sep 2015) don't really understand what this means... :)
  • !stopmusic
    Removes you from all bot whisperlists.
  • !aqueue <artist>
    Grabs a random song from the artist and puts it in queue
    • (05. Sep 2015) not sure if this is really possible...
  • [Admin] !enablequeue & !disablequeue
    Allow / forbid users to queue songs.
    • (05. Sep 2015) not possible for know, because you cannot block commands. To be able to do this, you have to create your own queue script...
Server
  • !inactive channels <remove>
    List channels that have been inactive for more then 1 day. including total time it has been empty. User needs a minimal of 5 min being in the channel befores its timer resets. The optional remove would delete channels inactive for a pre-configured amount of time. Should be a option to keep some channels present regardless of inactivity.
    • (05. Sep 2015) to be able to do this, you will have to create an algorithm which saves data into a file, etc... not very simple.
  • !inactive users <remove>
    Same as above command.
    • (05. Sep 2015) how do you want to remove clients? or do you mean users from the sinusbot?
  • !agree
    Show new users on server the rules in a private message and force them to type !agree before being able to leave the lobby.
    • (05. Sep 2015) added to my script to-do list
  • !shutdown <botname>
    • (05. Sep 2015) don't know what you mean... a logic feature would be a !shutdown command, but without the parameter. So it would shut down the bot which receives the command...
  • !reboot
    Reboots the sinusbot service (nice future feature)

il continue to add more commands as ideas flow in at me. :)

-- Moderator ( @Raphraph ) --
I commented all the ideas to show what is possible and what isn't possible and more. If you have some more questions, send me a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
This could be implemented easily... :)
But if you want a complete script with something like "permissions" and "administrators", I think you weill have to wait a bit, that the scripting feature has more features :)

Fabrice

Helping Hand
Great! I sadly lack the time to script anything but il ask a friend on the community at me. I will also keep updating the topic as I think of more usefull things.

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Okay :)
I will write a script for this soon. But I'm waiting for some new features which will be added :)

Is someone made the "poke to all" script?, i need one like that.
Example: !mp Hello

Then, everyone connected in my TS Server receives a poke from the bot, with this message:
(Botname) pokes you: (Nickname) says: Hello

I have tried by myself but i have only basic knowledge about programming, thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.