• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN [INFO/DEV] PHP Based scripts?

Would you love an implementation?

• Nope, sounds to different..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes why not, to be tryed! :)

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrueElektro

Hi all,

I'm currently coding my php bot and i'wl like to iplement a web interface.
As sinus bot now purpose a script part i would like to know how could i implement my bot in sinus? i saw there were an API but it's more like communication with sinusbot for the music, i'm more looking for a possible implemention of my existing bot into sinus. My bot still in developpement, it'll do the basic stuff (afk mover, welcome messages..) but i coded it more for a function: automatic sub-channels creation. For example an Admin entering "Staff' channel would have his "Admin's Name" temporary sub-channel created by the bot and will be moved into it. Also for the general channels i just did a name configuration such as "My Warcraft channel #" and the bot will increase (1, 2, 3..).

Is there a way i could implement this bot to sinus? as it is not a script but a bot and it is not JS ^-^

Thanks for reading/answering! :)

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
You have to do it completly in Javascript with the Sinusbot API all other like PHP will not work and also not Implemented. All you have listed is possible with the Bot via Scripting no need on PHP.

TheTrueElektro

I know scripts can do it but 2 problems: 1- It not via server query, wich can be problematic for some needs, 2- As i told you i'm not doing much Javascipt, and so it's not time to learn the js api now that i understood php one's and my bot is working x) thank you for answering ^-^ Also for the private license we have to wait the 1.0, but what's the minimum amout of frequent people needed on the server to have it? It's not precised ;-; thanks :)

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
I know scripts can do it but 2 problems: 1- It not via server query, wich can be problematic for some needs, 2- As i told you i'm not doing much Javascipt, and so it's not time to learn the js api now that i understood php one's and my bot is working x) thank you for answering ^-^ Also for the private license we have to wait the 1.0, but what's the minimum amout of frequent people needed on the server to have it? It's not precised ;-; thanks :)

No Server Query is not a Problem, the Client can do the same and more as the Query its just needs the Permissions.
- Also i am very sure the Javascript API is much faster then PHP ^^ , PHP is a interpreted Language and not maked for a Runtime Application.
- If you are good in PHP Javascript is easy for you.

The License question: NO ETA, no Info's we don't have something currently take a look in the FAQ.

TheTrueElektro

I've seen the FAQ, all the questions, just asking if you knew what was the requirements :p

I know javascript should be easy but yeah i'm so used of php i'm doing faster x) and nope, php can be compiled, wich means that as soone as i finished my bot i can compile it until the next version, but no needs to compile for the tests.

BUT OK, i'll code in javascript, it is faster, it's a fact :p. do you think my sub-channels creator would be used by somone? if yes i could make it a script ^^ if you wanna see it in action: ts.nastyfamily.com, just switch to games channels with a → before ^^.

Thanks for you time :p

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
and nope, php can be compiled, wich means that as soone as i finished my bot i can compile it until the next version, but no needs to compile for the tests.

PHP is a interpreted language, so you can't compile something. - Facebooks HHVM is just a Virtual Machine around it for example.

BUT OK, i'll code in javascript, it is faster, it's a fact :p. do you think my sub-channels creator would be used by somone? if yes i could make it a script ^^ if you wanna see it in action: ts.nastyfamily.com, just switch to games channels with a → before ^^.
Take a look at the Resources, there you can also publish own Scripts.

TheTrueElektro

Take a look at the Resources, there you can also publish own Scripts.

Yes i saw, and i have already the APIs, i'll check this out, thanks ;)

PHP is a interpreted language, so you can't compile something. - Facebooks HHVM is just a Virtual Machine around it for example.

I wasn't talking about Facebook virtual's machine (wich is, with Hack language, very performant) but about some pogramms compiling the PHP into a compiled C++ ^-^

sync667

Insider
Insider
Yes i saw, and i have already the APIs, i'll check this out, thanks ;)

I wasn't talking about Facebook virtual's machine (wich is, with Hack language, very performant) but about some pogramms compiling the PHP into a compiled C++ ^-^

You are complicating life yourself by that solutions. I started building some RestAPI and MySQL connector, but don't have much time to end it.

PS: I done temp channels already.

Status
Not open for further replies.