• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Make opensource

Justman10000

Helping Hand
Would it be possible to put Sinusbot on Github or Gitlab? Let's be honest, surely people are tired of having their instances restricted or? Moreover, if Sinusbot would be opensource, the community could help with the development of the bot (bug fixing, new features, closing security holes, etc.)...

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Would it be possible to put Sinusbot on Github or Gitlab? Let's be honest, surely people are tired of having their instances restricted or? Moreover, if Sinusbot would be opensource, the community could help with the development of the bot (bug fixing, new features, closing security holes, etc.)...
a) Yes, I plan to opensource the bot one day - but I have no schedule for that yet as there's still a lot to do beforehand and it has absolutely no priority for me right now.
b) People being tired of having restrictions/paying for stuff is generally not a reason for other people to just work for free.
c) Donations are down to almost zero since the announcement @Jniklas2 mentioned, so there is that (it's not that I didn't see that coming, though).