• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Migrate from Windows to Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Donor
is awesome!
Don't know where to put this thread, so bear with me, but quick question, where are songs saved? (Both downloaded from YouTube and manually uploaded).

Thanks!

good_live

Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Die Dateien werden gehasht und über eine Datenbank verwaltet. Es liegt alles im data/files-Verzeichnis.
English: "The files are hashed and managed with a database. Everything is stored in the data/files directory."

Ron

Donor
is awesome!
I want to move from the current stable release (Windows) to the beta (Linux), what do I need to copy? data+files then?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
I want to move from the current stable release (Windows) to the beta (Linux), what do I need to copy? data+files then?

I have never seen this before and i don't know whether it is possible.
Folder data and files is correct.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
It should be possible:
  1. Install the bot following the steps from the installation guide
  2. Copy the entire data-folder over to the linux box
  3. Make sure the entire data-folder (including all files) belongs to the user that you will use to run the bot (chown -R user:group ./data)
  4. Run the bot

Status
Not open for further replies.