• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Feature More/Custom Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreativeMind

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to use Sinusbot for online P&PRPG Session and have a pretty big decent library of music (several hundreds) to go with it.

I put a lot of effort into tagging and categorising those files with custom metadata. It would be nice if I can display those tags in the filebrowser or maybe even search the files by those tags.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I'd like to extend that sometime in the future. Which tags are most important to you?

TheCreativeMind

Thanks for the fast reply:

Track and Discnumber would be nice to keep the original order within albums as well as genre.

For my offline sessions I have formerly used the ares-rpg player, which allowed custom tags like situation, mood or location. However, those might or might not be too extensive for most of the sinusbot users.

I had a look into the internals of sinusbot, and it shouldn't be a big hurdle for me to import my tags into the sqlite db, the question is how to get them out again. Does the scripting api allow for the extension of the webinterface functionality? If so I would be willing to give it a shot.

JE2601

I'd love to see a Genre-tag. If you want to play a specific genre atm, you have to create a playlist and add every track. Would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.