• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

New Forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
As you might have noticed (if you have been here anytime before yesterday evening), I installed some new forum software. There were several reasons for this action, but the main two of them are:
  • for the new scripting function and the hopefully created scripts by you all we need some kind of repository so that uploading / updating and such doesn't get too complicated and stays user-friendly; the new software provides such a thing out-of-the-box
  • the moderation / administration of the old forums took just too long - time I'd rather spend coding or doing other things
Despite all that, I have to say that I've really liked the Vanilla Forums a lot. They were easy to setup, maintain and extend (if you do have the time for that). It just wasn't something that worked that well for me out of the box and with the features I wanted. Maybe it was just too vanilla ;)

It took quite some time to get a proper converter set up so that all the logins kept working (Facebook/Google/Twitter) and almost everything else was migrated in a proper way - but I hope that not too much has been forgotten :)
There's still a bit of work to do, but I hope to get back to programming / releasing a new version of the bot really soon.

So make yourself at home - I hope you enjoy the new site. We've got votes, trophies and whatnot now :) I'm curious about how much we'll use of that.

One small notice to the German folks out there: you can now have the forum translated as well, just click on the bottom left where it says "English (US)".

flyth

Khailz

Donor
is awesome!
I like it, XenForo is really nice, about as much as IPB. Although this page might need some help :D

Last edited:

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Yeah, I like it a lot already. Was a bit tough to write the converter as there were none available, but after that it was just a breeze to configure.
And I think I got the design to match the site at least a bit :)

About that page: I know. I'm writing a MarkDown addon right now so that we can have tables again. :)

Btw: I also considered IPB, but as the latest version was _pretty_ young and also more expensive all in all, I chose XenForo.

Last edited:

Khailz

Donor
is awesome!
Good choice, either one is great. Also sharing that converter my earn you a bit more dosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.