• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved [NOT A BUG] youtube-dl slow download rate

Zeldri

Hi !
I just installed sinusbot into my VPS but I'm having download speed issue.
My VPS's speed :
1516228243656.png
Usually it's 800mbits/s but ...
I know that someone post something about that but i think it's related to the bot itself
And when I want to use youtube-download through the bot with !ytdl or !youtube (script) or via the panel it's very slow
1516228464009.png
And it's weird because juste before the 93KiB it was 7MiB and few second after it slow down to 93KiB
1516228535936.png
And if I'm thinking that's a bot's problem is because when I download the same link directly from youtube-dl it download at the maximum rate :
1516228691545.png
So I don't know what to do about that :/

Zeldri

Ok I just noticed that the problem seem to come from youtube-dl the -x is broken right now, sorry about that :/
1516229376399.png

Godty

Hi, I have the same problem but I did not understand very well since my native language is Spanish. But what I understand is that it's a problem of the -x and I do not know what that is.
I would appreciate it if you can explain me

Zeldri

Hi, I have the same problem but I did not understand very well since my native language is Spanish. But what I understand is that it's a problem of the -x and I do not know what that is.
I would appreciate it if you can explain me

Mine it's French ^^ the -x is a "option" for download only the audio (that we interrested into) it's like the --extract-audio one but apparently youtube did something and it slow down the download's speed.

Btw that sound bad for the bot :confused:

BakusCpunek

Same.

Hosted by NETIA S.A. (Warsaw) [2.05 km]: 6.66 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 709.68 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed................................................................................................
Upload: 535.22 Mbit/s

[download] 51.5% of 2.42MiB at 97.39KiB/s ETA 00:12
[download] Destination: NAIMA - Let Me See You [NCS Release]-4-BtZWGaPNY.m4a
[download] 41.2% of 2.42MiB at 129.65KiB/s ETA 00:11

Michakke

Hello guys. I have a big problem. i have got vps 1gbps but yt-dl is downloading songs so fcking slow max 129k B. how can i change it. i have got a big server ts and i need fast reply.

1516399628119.png

Irame

This problem has to be a SinusBot issue, because I get full download speed if I use youtube-dl from the shell:
Code:
sinusbot@ubuntu-server:~$ youtube-dl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiosKUO7oqo
[youtube] AiosKUO7oqo: Downloading webpage
[youtube] AiosKUO7oqo: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] AiosKUO7oqo: Extracting video information
[download] Destination: Counting!!-AiosKUO7oqo.mp4
[download] 100% of 41.63MiB in 00:07

This screenshot shows teh download speed in SinusBot:
SinusBot_Sow-DL-Speed.png

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
This problem has to be a SinusBot issue, because I get full download speed if I use youtube-dl from the shell
No. Correlation does not imply causation, that is a logical fallacy.

The sinusbot has nothing to do with youtube downloading/processing so it can not be an issue of the bot.

Last edited:

Irame

Updated everything and restarted my system but the issue is still there.

Ubuntu Server 17.10
SinusBot 0.11.0-8e5f1a2
youtube-dl 2018.01.18

TS3-Client 3.1.7 13 Dec 2017

Last edited:

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider