• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved [NOT A BUG] youtube-dl slow download rate

dziudziu

As promised I looked into this and here's an interim version for linux that handles external programs like ytdl completely different and might solve the issues without needing an updated ytdl. Please be aware that this is a rather experimental release - should you have any issues with it, please let me know.

Also beware that you might need to revert any changes to your system you already did to fix the issue yourself (like the proposed workarounds).

THIS VERSION IS PERFECT!! AND VERY QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ON PANEL ETC :> NICE GOOD JOB!! Pleasee do not update for next :DDDD

Regards

Erik444

As promised I looked into this and here's an interim version for linux that handles external programs like ytdl completely different and might solve the issues without needing an updated ytdl. Please be aware that this is a rather experimental release - should you have any issues with it, please let me know.

Also beware that you might need to revert any changes to your system you already did to fix the issue yourself (like the proposed workarounds).
thx <33333

Please create new wiki for SinusBot version 0.12? thanks :/

syaf

does this work for centos?

Yalr.

I copied these files in the folder where they belong, restarted the bot with service sinusbot restart but then the panel wont work anymore. What am I doing wrong?

TheRazvy

From the top;

Step 1) Navigate to your Sinusbot Dir "/opt/sinusbot/"
Step 2) Create a new file in your Sinusbot dir "youtube-dl2"
Step 3) Put this in the file you just created;
Code:
#!/bin/bash
youtube-dl ${@/bestaudio/43}
Step 4) Change your current line "YoutubeDLPath = "/opt/sinusbot/youtube-dl" to "YoutubeDLPath2 = "/opt/sinusbot/youtube-dl" in config.ini - so that you don't forget it later.
Step 5) Add line YoutubeDLPath = "./youtube-dl2" to config.ini
Step 6) Restart your bot service sinusbot restart

error, youtube-dl not available

K1ller0561

Insider
Insider

For me works the Version great!
Youtube DL works now faster and its for me stable at the moment.
Thanks @flyth

Für mich funktioniert die Version super!
Youtube DL arbeitet jetzt schneller und es ist für mich momentan stabil.
Danke @flyth

TheRazvy

Simply replace the new version with the old files, download the lastest youtube-dl and replace the plugin file in the client folder of teamspeak. finished!

Sinusbot PRE: https://www.sinusbot.com/pre/sinusbot-0.12.0-9057353.tar.bz2
Youtube DL: https://yt-dl.org/downloads/2018.01.27/youtube-dl
This site can’t be reached

edit:

x5d9bab.png

Yalr.

Thanks irgendwer,
Sadly I still cant get it to work.

<16:12:37> "SinusBot": Downloading https/youtu.be/fbHbTBP_u7U?list=PLi9aGoG6Zc7be8IfX6WUP75qPdfxjV3_1
<16:12:39> "SinusBot": Download failed for https/youtu.be/fbHbTBP_u7U?list=PLi9aGoG6Zc7be8IfX6WUP75qPdfxjV3_1; exit status 1