• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Feature Permissions Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stop

Insider
Insider
These are just some ideas I came up with about a minute ago, so I have't really brainstormed them much, but here they are.

I have some suggestions for the permissions system. I think it would be beneficial to have permission groups and administrative levels. For an example of the levels, a level 1 admin would be the "highest" level, where say a group of level 2 would not be able to edit it. The higher the number, the "lower the rank" you are. I also think there should be permissions in place to control what instances a user can manage.

I would also like to see "instance groups" to tie group/user access to. For example, allow usergroup "Admins" to access any instances belonging to servergroup "Star Wars".

Oh and eventually, maybe consider adding official api/scripts to allow various forum software/cms to control said permissions, such as tie XenForo groups to these permissions.

All I got for now.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
You can already do some of it (bind permissions to a servergroup & set permissions via api).

stop

Insider
Insider
You can already do some of it (bind permissions to a servergroup & set permissions via api).
I see. I just assumed it wasn't a thing because I didn't see it in the UI. I'll take a look at this after work, thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.