Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Play folder function

Wodger

Hi everyone,

I posted in Discord a few days ago about the supposed "play folder function" that was mentioned by a donor last year. "https://forum.sinusbot.com/threads/feature-expand-play-folder-feature.8129/" I have been busy setting up the bots for radio and playable music files, Radios basically done, but I would like to really know if this play folder function really does exist. The reasoning behind it is playlists are limited to 20, as such in the past I've had to collate several artists into "genre" playlists, that not everyone wants.

If someone could tell me if this feature exists and how it can be implemented, it would be much appreciated before I go through the trouble of making the genre playlists again...

Thanks

W.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
If you go to the "All Music" page, there's a play button at the top which plays the folder you're currently looking at.

I will remove that limit of 20 in the next version - there's no good reason for it being that low.

Wodger

If you go to the "All Music" page, there's a play button at the top which plays the folder you're currently looking at.

I will remove that limit of 20 in the next version - there's no good reason for it being that low.
Thats great mate, what I was after was a play folder command that can happen from the TS message box, however, with what you've said that will basically solve the problem once its released as each artist can then have its own playlist and they can use the !playlist command. For now I will prepare 20 popular artists with the current version limit and look forward to adding more once you increase the limit - Just curious, what limit will you be assigning for playlists instead?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I guess like 1000 or so, only to make sure it cannot be abused by the users so that it would affect performance / stability.