• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Please help, trouble installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spades

Operating System: Windows 10
SinusBot Version: trying to download the newest version
TS3 Version: newest version
Problem Description
Everytime time I try to download the Sinusbot I get prompted this:
42e72c3f74758ef156b27e8d4ee9d9ea.png

https://gyazo.com/42e72c3f74758ef156b27e8d4ee9d9ea

I have TeamSpeak3 in 64 bit and its really confusing me to why its showing this. Any help please?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
The installer tries to find the client installation by looking into the Windows registry. It first look into
HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TeamSpeak 3 Client
and only if it cannot find an entry there, it looks into
HK_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamSpeak 3 Client
as well.

The error you get is when the installer actually gets an entry, looks into the retrieved directory and cannot find the ts3client_win64.exe in there.

Usually such an error occurs when you've installed TS multiple times for different architectures or with different modes (e.g. "install for all users", "install only for the current user"). If you're a little bit familiar with the registry, you can probably fix the issue yourself by writing the correct 64bit path to HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TeamSpeak 3 Client. If not, you could try reinstalling the 64bit version "for all users" and then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.