• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Quite a few suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infiniti

Okay so I'm too lazy to search through every single suggest thread to see if none of these have been suggested already, so yeah..

-Enqueue YouTube
-Allow users to edit all (or most) text outputs of the bot (search text, downloading text, etc.)
-Allow playing of certain artists
-Let users add custom commands (PLEASE!!!)
-Enable users to change where text outputs (instead of PM'ing user, it will output in channel chat)
-Fix requested by, it always says either admin or the bot's name, never the users that actually requested it..
-I'm not quite sure how to let users see what songs are already downloaded on the bot, so maybe a !songs command will send the user a link to the song files..?
-A page where we can see what suggestions are working on, what is being worked on in general, and what we can expect to see in the near future!

I am aware that many of these feature are available on Linux already, so I'm begging the developer to get this onto the Windows version asap.

I will edit this more as I come up with more ideas!^-^

Edit: How hard/bothersome would it be to install my bot on a VM running Linux? It's really really disappointing to see how abyssal the Windows features are compared to the Linux features..

Last edited:

xDefcon

Contributor
- there's !qyt to enqueue a YT video (on linux beta)
- you can add custom commands by learn basic scripting in JS
- "Requested by" is working fine for me, (running lastest sin beta)

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
actually the priority is on Linux and on features. Be patient ;)

Infiniti

I directly stated that I know some of these features are already in Linux/Beta.. ._. I don't want to have to wait weeks or even months for the simplest or most essential features such as scripting. I have been using JS for almost 3 years now for both corporate and personal use, so it's not like I don't know how to make scripts; I am just unable to use them on Windows.

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
so crazy, @Infiniti, registered today and you just complain everything. It is not @flyth full time job. Dont think to intigrate a feature is just copy and paste. There's no eta for 1.0 or for the Windows version. ;)

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
It doesn't matter when he registered - there are plenty of users out there that aren't registered at all. And constructive complaints are welcome as well - so: no harm done.

But yes, it's not just copy/paste and focusing on one OS allows me to at least get some stuff done :) I do keep the Windows in mind version and _most_ of the new stuff has already been ported - it's just not ready, yet (and there won't be any ETAs). If one needs the functionality "badly", using Linux somehow is the only way to go right now.

Infiniti

I'm sorry if I came across as rude, and I understand that what I was trying to say was completely unclear. I just feel like getting an essential feature such as script support on Windows should be high priority. But then again, I am in the minority that is Windows OS users, so I am sure that your opinions differ from mine. I also understand that being a solo developer makes it hard to tend to the needs of a plethora of users at once, so I apologize again for my imprudence. I love everything you have done so far, but I guess I just want scripts to help add a more personal feel and overhaul/fine tune the abilities of the bot. You could say I'm very very eager, in a sense, to improve your product and help create scripts for both me and other users to enjoy. idk sorry ;-;

Oh also, everything else aside, how are users able to see the list of songs that have been downloaded?

Last edited:

Infiniti

Is beta testing a thing for the Windows version? If so, then I would love to help give feedback for the latest Windows features that are in development!

Status
Not open for further replies.