• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Ram usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukBoy99

Donor
is awesome!
Does sinusbot ram usage increase with time? as i start it it's using 300 mibs, 3 streaming bots and 3 mostly idle member bots, withing 24 hours it's up to 1.2 gb ram, by 2 days it's taking 1800 of my 1900 ram, I have to restart it every 2 days, any idea?

Codebucket

Does sinusbot ram usage increase with time? as i start it it's using 300 mibs, 3 streaming bots and 3 mostly idle member bots, withing 24 hours it's up to 1.2 gb ram, by 2 days it's taking 1800 of my 1900 ram, I have to restart it every 2 days, any idea?
I can only disagree with you, because I have 4 bots running in a VM with 256 MB of RAM and the RAM usage is always around 90-130 MB. But there is also a swap space with 512 MB of RAM which is also often used ;)
So maybe consider turning on your swap or limiting maybe the RAM usage of youtube-dl, because sometimes is youtube-dl taking huge amount of RAM when a user streams a 2 hour mix from YouTube :)

Btw, which distro are you using? (Please not Arch :eek:)

~ Codebucket

LukBoy99

Donor
is awesome!
I can only disagree with you, because I have 4 bots running in a VM with 256 MB of RAM and the RAM usage is always around 90-130 MB. But there is also a swap space with 512 MB of RAM which is also often used ;)
So maybe consider turning on your swap or limiting maybe the RAM usage of youtube-dl, because sometimes is youtube-dl taking huge amount of RAM when a user streams a 2 hour mix from YouTube :)

Btw, which distro are you using? (Please not Arch :eek:)

~ Codebucket
Ubuntu, no one runs a 2 hour mix just a song or 2 per hour maybe less, the user using that ram appears as sinusbot. mostly the teamspeak instances, it wasn't like this 2 updates ago.

LukBoy99

Donor
is awesome!
still happening, forgot to restart for 48 hours due to exams and ended up with mysql crashed, 2 instances crashed, !sub not working and ram as seen
CTV7KQA.png

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Hi, 300 mb is maybe normal. You using any virtualization? Docker, LXC or such? But the memory stacking is not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.