Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN Request: Calendar intergration ??

Geri0V

Hello there,

I am for years now a happy user of sinusbot, one thing i could not find... some kind of option or script to import any form of calendars ?? is this even possible ??

Geri0V

What exactly do you mean?

Could you give more explanation?
I use the Bot on Teamspeak,

well, like i tried to do it through sinusbot rssfeed plugin, by exporting a google calendar to an xml feed. This was unsuccesfull..

What i mean was, we have a plugin that can monitor twitch and update that specific channel.

Is there a way to use any form of calendar for example goolge calendar or outlook calendar or a serverside calendar an dlink this to a teamspeak channel which description then is updated to the events noted in the calendar, it could be simple as a txt output.

Example:
on the Google Calendar page/websiter
Mon 23 June 21:00 -22:00 Gathering
Tue 24 June 21:00 -22:00 Gathering
Wed 25 June 21:00 -22:00 Gathering

Output of plugin to keep it simple in plain text as a channel description:
Mon 23 June 21:00 -22:00 Gathering
Tue 24 June 21:00 -22:00 Gathering
Wed 25 June 21:00 -22:00 Gathering

I know we need to use the google calendar api for this, i am not a coder, that is why i ask for help here.. :D

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
That has to be scripted.
As is now, there is no existing script.
But it should be possible, I guess.

Geri0V

That has to be scripted.
As is now, there is no existing script.
But it should be possible, I guess.
It has been requested on the official teamspeak forums a lot in the past.... i wish somebody with the knowledge just made it. as i typed i don't have the knowledge, otherwise i would already have done it xD.

thank you for the nice answer, hopefully somebody will help me creating it.

My workaround for now is:
1. have a separate special website/calendar
2. enable html2image
3. click on download image (this will take a screenshot)
4. upload the image to my vps
5. Publish the Image inside the calendar description channel on teamspeak

As you see this is a big workaround, it just amazes me that there are like 100 different calendar scripts/bots for Discord but none made one for teamspeak xD.

So yeah that is my request is:
Teamspeal Channel description: A simple plain weekly text output which i can simply update or is weekly updated by the script

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
official teamspeak forums? for what? for sinusbot? that would be totally the wrong place
As you see this is a big workaround, it just amazes me that there are like 100 different calendar scripts/bots for Discord but none made one for teamspeak xD.

Because TeamSpeak well is old

Geri0V

official teamspeak forums? for what? for sinusbot? that would be totally the wrong place

Because TeamSpeak well is old
no, people requested a calendar plugin outside sinusbot as well, hmm yes it might be kinda old but technically you can do all the same things as in discord. It is just more difficult to accomplish.

Thanks to Sinusbot we now have live twitch channels online/away/offline status in a channel and much more.
But having sinus bot available to get calendar data would be soo amazing, it makes things more easy.

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
no, people requested a calendar plugin outside sinusbot as well, hmm yes it might be kinda old but technically you can do all the same things as in discord. It is just more difficult to accomplish.

Thanks to Sinusbot we now have live twitch channels online/away/offline status in a channel and much more.
But having sinus bot available to get calendar data would be soo amazing, it makes things more easy.
I don't think someone will do this in near time. I could try but meh.
Furthermore: You can't do all the same things like in Discord
Note: Discord will integrate Calendars and Forms native.

Geri0V

I don't think someone will do this in near time. I could try but meh.
Furthermore: You can't do all the same things like in Discord
Note: Discord will integrate Calendars and Forms native.
Well, then i just wait until teamspeak intergrates it or somebody makes a small script. i don't have the knowledge and i would be very happy once somebody created it...