• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

[REQUEST] Change youtube playlist import mode

n0ns

Hi,

Could you change the way Sinusbot imports youtube playlists?

Currently it only imports the video links and every time it plays a video from this playlist it makes requests to youtube.

This is causing me very fast "HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests" so I can no longer listen to playlists that were imported directly from Youtube for a few hours until my IP is unlocked.

It would be more ideal if during the first import of a Youtube playlist, all videos were actually downloaded and already converted to the server. That way you would no longer need requests with youtube-dl to listen to one of these created playlists.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You can enable CacheStreamed=true in your config.ini to cache streamed content for now. I'm not too sure about changing the current behavior in general...

n0ns

You can enable CacheStreamed=true in your config.ini to cache streamed content for now. I'm not too sure about changing the current behavior in general...
Thank you very much
I did not know of this option, I will do a test to check better ;)

n0ns

Can you tell me what else I can configure to avoid error 429 with youtube-dl ???

Is there anything to configure in "config.ini" related to the speed of a video download or number of downloads simultaneous?

Or a while to wait before answering the request by a user ..?