• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

[REQUEST] Sinusbot cooldown time

n0ns.

If anyone could help me, I have the sinusbot installed in a VPS of Linux OVH 64 bits .. and recently I have come across a crash of this same vps after a few hours of sinusbot operation. Something around 3 to 4 hours everything to respond and I can not even access ssh via putty to my server, I have to restart by the client panel itself on the site of the ovh to return to normal instances and vps to respond again for ssh putty access. I believe this is happening because of bad users that flood the commands of the plugin youtube-dl and with that the use of the cpu rises to 100% until no longer respond. I would like to know if there is any script or even a possible update in sinusbot that I can add the command to bypass the user command chat for a while, type about 10 seconds to accept the next command and so on, it would look something like a cooldown time and with that would avoid server crash and this inconvenience of having to restart the vps.

Note that it is no use to configure the default anti-flood of the teamspeak server by points as users with serveradmin would have ignored this and could flood to catch the bots normally. It would be of great interest to add such functionality to the sinusbot panel.

I'm sorry for English, I'm not fluent in that.

I installed the sinusbot by the official forum script here:
SinusBot 0.11.0-8e5f1a2
Teamspeak version: 3.1.7 [Stable] em Linux
Linux 64 bits
1vcpu 2GB RAM
youtube-dl 2017.12.31

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You're right, there needs to be some kind of better antispam protection, I'll think about something. Thanks :)