• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Sinusbot (1.0.0-beta.1-06a54d7) on Centos 7 and ts3 server 3.10.2

Hi, i tried tu update my ts3 server version. Does (and what version) works with ts3 server 3.10.2?
After yum update and restart the server all works ok.

After getting 3.10.2 version of ts3 server - its not wotking.

Last edited:

Multivitamin

Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
yes you need to install it manually, there is instructions on how to do that in the link i sent you

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
You can check the needed versions here.
But why don't you just get rid of CentOS and install Debian or Ubuntu to get a fresh installation of the sinusbot (with which installer is working btw)?

OK, how its possible thant upgrade instruction os NOT WORKING? Why, every time when i need to update Sinusbot there are so many problems to do that? I can not reinstall system for Debian/Ubuntu caue of other services working there. I tried today again - again problems with libraries even when i try to mannually update sisnusbot and its ts3. Sinusbot is connecting but its muted...
I got ts3 server which was not updated for the last 6 months just cause of sinusbot... So annoying...

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Why, every time when i need to update Sinusbot there are so many problems to do that
Because of new requirements of the TS3 Client. This hasn't got anything to do with the bot itself as the requirements have been pretty much the same for years now.

So annoying...
Yup, it is. For us it's even more annoying because people are lazy and won't keep their systems up to date and just complain. :)

Trying to have it up to date. Currently my catalog in sinusbot looks like that:

[root@s1c sinusbot]# ll
total 50252
-rw-r--r--. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 1513 Oct 28 20:06 config.ini
-rw-r--r--. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 124 Oct 28 20:06 config.ini.dist
drwxr-xr-x. 9 sinusbot sinusbot 4096 Oct 28 20:06 data
-rw-r--r--. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 2808160 Oct 28 20:06 icudt62l.dat
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 4349480 Oct 28 20:06 libavcodec.so.57
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 1410288 Oct 28 20:06 libavfilter.so.6
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 2100872 Oct 28 20:06 libavformat.so.57
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 393536 Oct 28 20:06 libavutil.so.55
-rw-r--r--. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 973872 Oct 28 20:06 libsbtts_rt.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 108024 Oct 28 20:06 libswresample.so.2
drwxr-xr-x. 2 sinusbot sinusbot 4096 Oct 28 20:06 plugin
-rw-r--r--. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 104 Oct 28 20:06 private.dat
-rw-r--r--. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 370 Oct 28 20:06 README_installer.txt
-rw-r--r--. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 3382 Oct 28 20:06 README.md
drwxr-xr-x. 2 sinusbot sinusbot 4096 Oct 30 17:18 scripts
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 36648284 Oct 28 20:06 sinusbot
drwxr-x---. 16 sinusbot sinusbot 4096 Oct 28 20:06 teamspeak3-client
drwxr-xr-x. 2 sinusbot sinusbot 4096 Oct 28 20:06 tts
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 sinusbot sinusbot 2608584 Oct 28 20:06 ttshlpr

As its mensioned here https://sinusbot.github.io/docs/installation/linux/#update shoud i just change
TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/plugins/ to teamSpeak3-client/plugins/ and all should work? without modyfing config
TS3Path = "/opt/sinusbot/teamspeak3-client/ts3client_linux_amd64"
?

Or i misunderstood smth?

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
It's always best to leave the TS-client path/folder name untouched, makes upgrading a lot easier.
Only rename it, if you know what you're doing.

You can update the bot and the ts-client independently from each other. You only need to copy over the plugin file.

DEBUG TS>/opt/sinusbot/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/ts3client_linux_amd64: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Why got this error? Moved my ts3 client from teamspeak3-client to odlts3 catalog. Unpacked sinusbot from https://www.sinusbot.com/dl/sinusbot.current.tar.bz2, than cp plugin -
cp plugin/libsoundbot_plugin.so TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/plugins/ to a new catalog.
Than i update ts3 with
# set the current/supported TS3 version here
VERSION="3.3.2"
wget https://files.teamspeak-services.co...ON/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-$VERSION.run
chmod 0755 TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-$VERSION.run
./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-$VERSION.run

Next step
rm -rf data/ts3
rm TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-glx-integration.so

And last step is
cp plugin/libsoundbot_plugin.so TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/plugins/
# fix the file permissions if you're doing this as root
chown -R sinusbot:sinusbot /opt/sinusbot

And it does not work - sinusbot gives errors. What to do?

If You can explain what is wrong? You said its not sinusbot problem but in sinusbot logs i see errors. How to troubleshoot it? What i did wrong?

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Suggest you start using that latest beta, if you run into problems and the stable version isn't running anyways.
https://forum.sinusbot.com/resources/internal-linux-beta.1/

But still, CentOS is just not ideal since the new TeamSpeak client has increased its requirements compared to prior ones. CentOS version 7 goes back to 2014, so no idea which exact version you're even using. If there would be an easy way to fix your issue, we would have told ya, but frankly there isn't.

You could start browsing this forum for 'libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file' and see if there is anything useful.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You said its not sinusbot problem but in sinusbot logs i see errors.
Yeah, and you should be thankful that it forwards errors from the TS process so that you can see it.

DEBUG TS>/opt/sinusbot/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/ts3client_linux_amd64: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The error clearly comes from the mentioned "/opt/sinusbot/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/ts3client_linux_amd64" - which is the TeamSpeak client and not the bot.

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
It was runnig before and now it stops? What dependencies im missing for Centos?
You were running a different version, so it was fulfilling these old requirements for the old TS-client, for the new one, it doesn't.
Those errors in the log are just passed through from the bots pathetic attempt to try to run the ts-client, but it fails, as you can read, due to missing dependencies.

No idea how to fix it. Tried so many things... Maybe it is problem between library from linux and ts3 client but why u not stop suporting Centos installations if You can not help? In so many threads You just write - try this instruction, try this. Never seen u ask for smth or suggest any commands to run it after update. Did not see this kind of apps...

TS>/opt/sinusbot/teamspeak3-client/ts3client_linux_amd64: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18' not found (required by /opt/sinusbot/teamspeak3-client/libc++abi.so.1)

Going to sleep today, propably ill stop using sinusbot ;/

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
The docs clearly state that we recommend running Debian/Ubuntu. CentOS is more or less supported by the community. Other than for a couple of tests, I personally never really used the bot on CentOS. Usually it comes down to this, though: if your system is capable of running the TeamSpeak Client, it is also capable of running the bot as it has MUCH less dependencies.

Since you're not telling us what exactly you tried, what other errors you ran into and generally more about your system, I'm not sure if this might help. Still, just did a quick google search which lead to:
Bash:
yum install libXScrnSaver

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Another probably hassle free option to run the bot would be Docker (as long as your kernel version is supported).