• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

SinusBot connects with Microphone and Speakers disabled

martindines

I've discovered an interesting bug(?) that I have not been able to consistently reproduce. Apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum.

SinusBot version: 0.10.8-71ba94b
Teamspeak3 Client version: 3.0.18.2

SinusBot connects to a server with it's Microphone and Speakers disabled. I've been able to reproduce only during the first start, following initialisation with --initonly.

Comparing the log file produced by successful (microphone, speakers: enabled), and unsuccessful (microphone, speakers: disabled) attempts, the difference appears to be the Speex library failing to load.

Log file from successful initialisation: successful.log.txt
Log file from unsuccessful initialisation: unsuccessful.log.txt

The notable difference appears to be the following line, which is missing from the unsuccessful startup log file:
Code:
INFO   TS |INFO    |PreProSpeex   |1  |Speex version: 1.2rc1

A simple restart of SinusBot does resolve the issue; but when part of an automated provisioning script, restarting until a Speex version is present isn't ideal.

Has anyone come across this issue? Does anything look amiss in either log file? Perhaps the issue is not with SinusBot and instead with the Teamspeak 3 Client?

Thanks in advance, all!
Martin

Attachments

• unsuccessful.log.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 9
  • successful.log.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Nobody here will give you support for your heavily outdated installation.
Please update your bot version as well as your ts3 bot client and come back here if the problem persists.

martindines

Cheers @Diesmon. Tested against the latest version of Ts3 Client (3.1.8) and SinusBot (0.13.37-9791176) and was able to reproduce the missing Speex issue. Please see attached log files (note the successful startup followed immediately on from the unsuccessful)

The log line I believe related to the issue, which is missing from the unsuccessful startup logs:
Code:
INFO   TS |INFO    |PreProSpeex   |1  |Speex version: 1.2rc1

Easy-to-read diff with timestamps removed: http://www.mergely.com/OW9eLlaB/

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide, danke!

Martin

Attachments

• unsuccessful-0.13.37.9791176.log.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 8
  • successful-0.13.37.9791176.log.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Can you post another example of a not fully working startup of the bot? Because the last "successful log" still had some severe error logs related to the not removed files I mentioned.

Or you could also try a full re-installation with backing up your bot data importing it after installation (just save the whole data folder and overwrite it with the new on after the new installation).

If the problem still persist then I dunno. Maybe some TS-client-linux dependencies are not fully working as expected or whatever

martindines

I am now unable to reproduce the issue as the instance no longer auto-connects when the service is started for the first time (instance appears with an orange triangle in admin interface, and requires manual 'power on' to connect). On subsequent service restarts the instance connects.

Is the initial orange state (not sure of the correct term; powered down/unconnected?) for an instance the expected behaviour?

This is also true for SinusBot installed via the provided sinusbot_installer.sh

Thanks for your help, the muted issue remains a mystery and likely a non-issue now pending the above :)

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Is the initial orange state (not sure of the correct term; powered down/unconnected?) for an instance the expected behaviour?

No, if instances are connected to a server, they should reconnect after a restart of the Sinusbot process. Atleast for TS3.
Should also work the same on Discord but can't say anything about because I'm not using bots on Discord atm.

If the bots wont reconnect after a restart then something is wrong. Nothing in the log (instance log as well as bot log)?

Last edited:

martindines

Apologies for the confusion. The instance does connect automatically, on restart, if it was previously connected.

On a fresh install, the instance is not connected to a server and displays an orange power symbol in the admin panel. It requires the admin to connect the instance. Is this expected? Just clarifying I understand correctly. Thanks for the speedy replies @Diesmon

Last edited:

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Apologies, my previous play is confusing. The instance does connect automatically, on restart, if it was previously connected.

On a fresh install, the instance is not connected to a server and displays an orange power symbol in the admin panel. It requires the admin to connect the instance. Is this expected? Just clarifying I understand correctly. Thanks for the speedy replies @Diesmon
well...

A new installation is a new installation, even if you import the data back into it. So yes I guess it is expected behavior to turn them on manually the first time.