• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Symantec Norton Virus Scan Shows That There Is A Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonal

Hello! So, when I was downloading the SinusBot for my TS server, I was encountering an issue where that, when Norton (or Symantec) scans the download, it tells me that there is a WS.Reputation.1 virus in it that may harm my computer. However, I am questioning if this is actually true, and I wish to know if this is only just a false reading upon my Norton antivirus that I pay for monthly. Thank you.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
If you have downloaded it from sinusbot.com it is not a Virus ;)
And Norton is Crap, think about to buy a Kaspersky version. :)

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Pff wer braucht schon einen Virenscanner :D:D

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
WS.Reputation.
Das ist nur eine Meldung darüber, dass der Autor (ich) mit seiner Signatur (man signiert Dateien um zu bestätigen, dass sie auch wirklich unverändert ist) im Windows-Universum noch keine Reputation aufgebaut hat. Wenn die Datei und damit auch die Signatur bekannter ist, wird die Meldung automatisch weggehen. Ist nervig, kann man aber nur beschleunigen, indem man viel Geld auf Microsoft und die Antivirus-Firmen wirft, was ich nicht vorhabe :)

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Damn, initially this was an english thread...
It's as it says a reputation thing. I'm fairly new to distributing signed Windows binaries so it takes some time before that warning disappears. That is unless I would give a lot of money to Microsoft and the Antivirus companies, which I'm not going to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.