• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Upcoming Changes

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Hey all!

Today, I’d like to announce an upcoming change to the SinusBot license - and I promise I’ll keep it short and simple:

From July 2022 onwards, the SinusBot will be completely unlocked and unrestricted for all users for free. There will be no instance limit anymore (other than one you configure yourself maybe) and all features like the subscription mode will be unlocked by default. You will also be allowed to sponsor and rent the bot to third parties at no cost. Donations are still welcome and will support future maintenance.

I’m not quite sure when the release of the version without the restrictions is going to happen, but the change of terms takes effect on July 1st, 2022. The FAQ will be updated soon after.

I would like to thank everyone who supported development and the community in the past years. Without you, this would not have been possible! It amazes me to hear and see how people are using the bot. Feel free to share stories if you like!

If you have any further questions, please let me know in this thread. I’ll try to answer as best as I can.

UPDATE:
You can find a first "unlimited" version here.

Last edited:

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Wird es auch die Hosting Version ab dem 1. Juli geben?
--> "Will the hosting version become available as well on July 1st?"

I'm not sure about how to handle the "hosting version" in the future. Maybe some of the features will find its way into the normal release, but that would be on a later date, if ever.

K1ller0561

Insider
Insider
Ich freue mich schon auf die Aufhebung der Limitierung. Aber dafür muss erst die neue Version veröffentlicht werden, richtig? Oder kann es schon mit der aktuellen Version die Limitierung aufheben?

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Das ist korrekt.
Der Kram mit der Limitierung ist mehr oder weniger komplex und muss erst entfernt werden

Wodger

Hi Flyth, glad to hear things moving forward. I am understandably curious about the post I made Jan last year:

Play folder function

Lots of things happened to our TS server recently, and I haven't got around to putting the bot back in place (yet). I was wondering if the limit of playlists is likely to be changed when you update to unlock the bot?

Best regards,

Pete

LetsBlade

Würde mich ebenfalls über eine Art "Hoster-Version" freuen^^
Hab zwar oben gelesen das flyth sich da etwas überlegen muss, würde mich dennoch freuen eventuell bald dadurch Sinusbot häufiger bei Anbietern zu sehen die es bislang noch nicht angeboten haben (oder evtl sogar selber für Freunde etc. eine Art von Hosting-System aufsetzen zu können)

DesertFade

Insider
Insider
Freut mich zu lesen, schöne News. Bin aufgrund meiner erweiterten Lizenz sowieso nie ans Limit gekommen aber trotzdem gut. Subscription Mode wird auf jeden Fall interessant werden, da bin ich schon gespannt drauf den zu probieren und meinen Usern zur Verfügung zu stellen. Danke flyth!