• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Youtube-dl.exe!! HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests

RicardoXV

Hi,

as the Title says i get Http Error 429 when i queue any youtube url. Yes, ive read the FAQ and i already know my ip has been softbanned.
Im running sinusbot on windows and the troubleshooting for youtube-dl is limited for windows users cuz its mostly written for linux users.
I already tried some things like setting the force-ipv4 flag when running the youtube-dl.exe from cmd, unfortunately it didnt work. Also i cant run a vpn on my host cuz there are running other services that need to stay up under the softbanned ip and i cant set the proxy flag for the youtube-dl.exe either cuz the sinusbot controls which flags are added and i have no idea if it is possible to manually add custom flags to the deafault ones. Ive been researching around with google and thru the other posts from users that have/had the same issue for other solutions without success.
Some sites I found said the softban disapperas after some day of not doing requests, but that hasnt applied for me since weeks and probably never will cuz other machines in the same network as the sinusbot host will always access youtube with the softbaned IP over a webbrowser. My question is if it is possible to add a proxy flag to the default ones that sinusbot adds to youtube-dl.exe. It was mentioned something about captcha solving too tho I didnt understand how to test that and where to implement that in sinusbot. Besides i initially tried to download a Soundcloud url manually with youtube-dl.exe too to test youtube-dl and it seemed to work, is it normal that the "!ytdl <soundcloudURL>" command doesnt work with other links than youtube?

Appreciate any help.

Last edited:

RicardoXV

Because of the dmca thing there is no official youtube-dl support atm and even if, in my description above I explained why the problem i have rn is with sinusbot

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Well, one idea:
create a file named youtube-dl and put inside eh real path.
Example:
Bash:
#!/bin/bash
# Youtube-dl with proxy
/path/to/real/youtube-dl your-proxy-commands $1

# $1 inserts the normal parameter from sinusbot

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
That would only work on Linux. I’m sure you could achieve something similar with a .bat file, I recommend searching for the config file location on windows though and configuring it that way. The bot doesn’t have a way to configure additional parameters right now.

RicardoXV

well that is linux syntax^^, sinusbot has to tell the youtube.exe somehow my proxy parameters.
but ur suggestion may be the lead. in windows there is a config.ini file which contains all customizable additions for the sinusbot to execute in which exists the line 'YoutubeDLPath = "" ' would it work if i change it to 'YoutubeDLPath = "" --proxy <url> '?

RicardoXV

@flyth ok thx then unfortunately that means my problem is not solvable under windows or how do you mean that with the .bat file? can i set the config.ini to execute a .bat script with the proxy parameter which executes the youtube-dl.exe instead of using just the youtube-dl.exe with the default parameters?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
thx then unfortunately that means my problem is not solvable under window
Actually it should be. The man page mentions the location %APPDATA%/youtube-dl/config.txt for Windows. Create that file and will it with the settings you need.

See the manpage for more infos.

RicardoXV

@flyth I checked these locations, i have no directory named youtube-dl to create any config.txt for a global use. I wonder why there even should exist one since i dont have any local installation of youtube-dl. The youtube-dl.exe is a portable executable as far as i know. At least I thought that cuz the installation instructions for sinusbot on windows only tell to download and place the executable in the sinusbot directory. For me it sounds logic that it must be an configuration option inside sinusbot to pass any additional parameters to youtube-dl.exe. If there is none on windows installations its not possible unfortunately. In that case im requesting that feature to have the possibility to configure custom parameters to be passed to youtube-dl.exe in the config.ini on windows installations.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Please read the docs again. It states:
Note that by default configuration file may not exist so you may need to create it yourself.

So you have to create that folder and file by yourself. There is no installation for youtube-dl, it just looks up the those paths, checks whether a config file exists there and uses it. So again, just create a file at %APPDATA%/youtube-dl/config.txt and add for example the text

Code:
--proxy http://yourproxy.whatever

You just have to follow the official documentation there. I know people used this before successfully, so there's no need to add complexity to the bot there.

RicardoXV

@flyth thats it, it works, my problem is solved. Thank you!
What i would like to know too is that in the FAQ troubleshooting it was mentioned something about captcha solving for softbanned ips tho I didnt understand how to do that. Any idea on that?
Also id like to know if it is normal behaviour that the "!ytdl <soundcloudURL>" command doesnt work with other sources than youtube?

Last edited: