• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Youtube-dl is not working

Squeaky

Hello.
I had SinusBot in past, and i installed it again, but nowdays youtube-dl is not working for me.
It keeps saying "missing youtube-dl"
I have set path in the config.
I have the same PC, same windows, same everything. I don´t know what could be problem.
Please help :).

-Windows 10

siysco

I have had to update the youtube-dl binary on multiple occasions, seemingly fixing some download issues. Are you sure you are running the latest version of youtube-dl? That would be my first guess with the limited information you have provided.

Try to update the binary and restart your app. Post some logs and maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
As @siysco mentioned, we could use more information (sinusbot Version, config.ini, youtube-dl version)
I have set path in the config.
Try leaving the path unset in the config and restarting, youtube-dl should automatically be detected if you've downloaded it into the same folder as the bot.