• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

youtube-dl plugin "jumping" ?

b_m_l

Hey guys,

my youtube-dl plugin is working but only with short videos. When I stream a longer music video (like an music album that lasts 1 hour) the music is "jumping". It plays music for 1 minute, then jumps / skips a few minutes, then play normally, then jumps forward in the album.

Is this a known bug? Any experiences with that?

b_m_l

Ok. I tested a few things and found out, that the download gets corrupted somehow. I use bot command "!qyt <video>" and bot sais that it downloads the video. It SHOULD be around 60mb but it is much smaller, sometimes 2mb, sometimes 30mb, then it plays the first 30 seconds of the video, sometimes just stops, sometimes jumps to a random position. I also downloaded the temp-file from the server and play it locally in my music player, its the same, the whole file is broken / corrupted

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Is this a known bug? Any experiences with that?
People have reported issues with youtube-dl lately. I haven't tested it by myself, but there seem to be forks that run more stable and don't have such issues (mainly caused by download throttling).