Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

looking for a cheap and reliable hoster

Ukaros

Helping Hand
hey there
im looking for a cheap and reliable hoster for root servers and wanted to ask if anyone of you has some recommendations.
the server will only be used for teamspeak and teamspeak related stuff. Prefered location: europe (DE or CH would be prefered)
we're a community of ~30ppl so it doesnt have to be something insanely powerfull.

thanks in advance and have a nice sunday

Last edited:

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
CH would rather refer to Swiss than China (CN) ;)
For your stated purpose, I can recommend php-friends.de, especially if you want a VPS with First Colo in Frankfurt/Main as location. Also one of the few providers, who offer NVMe storage on a VPS. Never had any routing or paket loss issues, which happened to be with other providers.

Frizzant

Contributor
CH would rather refer to Swiss than China (CN) ;)
For your stated purpose, I can recommend php-friends.de, especially if you want a VPS with First Colo in Frankfurt/Main as location. Also one of the few providers, who offer NVMe storage on a VPS. Never had any routing or paket loss issues, which happened to be with other providers.
while the site seems fine, i think even the cheapest VPS offer they got is way overkill for TS3 and some websites. NVMe is nice, but in reality you won't really notice a difference to an SSD in cases like this.
What's pro hetzner is that it is the biggest (i think) host in germany.

Bluehost definitely is not swiss, if you wanted to say that. Pretty sure it is asia based.

Ukaros

Helping Hand
@TwentyFour @Frizzant
thanks guys ill look into it.
cheapest VPS offer they got is way overkill
yea it really is. as i said im mainly looking for a small server that we can use for teamspeak because our current server (selfhosted) having some troubles where it just crashes and we have to physically restart it. no logs, no nothing.... just crashes.

Ukaros

Helping Hand
For your stated purpose, I can recommend php-friends.de
can you tell me how they handle kernel updates? ive seen way to may ppl on here having issues with their sinusbot because of the kernel version and couldnt update it themselfs because it was a KVM. And to be honest: i dont wanna go through the same troubles

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
can you tell me how they handle kernel updates? ive seen way to may ppl on here having issues with their sinusbot because of the kernel version and couldnt update it themselfs because it was a KVM. And to be honest: i dont wanna go through the same troubles
Actually it's the opposite ... most of those kernel problem are caused by OpenVZ virtualisation, where you share the kernel with the host's node.
With KVM - it think generally with every hoster, but with php-friends at least - you can actually decide which kernel you're running. Means you can upgrade (kernel, distribution, etc) yourself, or just install a newer OS and it automatically comes with a recent kernel.

If you're valueing the price more over the reliability, you can also check netcup, they have a quite good portfolio, similar to Hetzner.
At a smaller hoster like php-friends, I felt more valued, if problems occur (like oversold CPU power, routing issues, ...), therefore I chose a little higher price. Also the location in First-Colo rises the price compared to "normal" data centers.

Last edited: