• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Bot can't connect to Server when password includes " "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painchilla

Hi Guys,

<Section "Problem Discription">
I'm using sinusbot for just a very short time. I've installed multiple Instances , which connect to different Servers. But to a special Server it never connected. So i looked at the settings again, retyped the password, used a different identity. But it fails every Time. So i looked a bit deeper. The Server is special, because of the Password. It contains blanks (" "). So i tried to recreate this Bug with my own Server. And the recreation worked.

<Section "Bug-Discription">
Every Time your Passwort contains a blank, the bot can't connect to the Server. I think its because of URL-Encodeing, which places a "+" for whitespaces in the Password, when passed to the Teamspeak Client. So i tried to change the Testpassword on the Server to "this+is+a+test", but in Sinusbot, i typed "this is a test". And i tried to connect. It worked.

<Section "used Hard/Software">
Server (Serving Sinusbot and the Testserver for recreation of the Bug):
Processor:i5-6260U (4x2.6)
RAM: 16GB
Sinusbot: 0.9.12.3-36fce3c
Teamspeak-Server: 3.0.12.4
Teamspeak-Client: 3.0.19.4

<Section "Please Help">
Anybody had this issue and was able to fix it? Maybe some workaround to that problem?
If anybody has another Solution as I can't change the Password since i'm not the Owner of that Server, i'd really appreciate any help.

Painchilla

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Thank you very much for the detailed bug report! I will look into it.

For the time being you could try to replace the space with %20
Maybe that helps (although I doubt it). :)

Painchilla

Thanks for the fast answer :)

I just tried replacing them with %20 but it didnt work. (Server PW: "passwd hallo" - Sinusbot entered PW: "passwd%20hallo")
But when changing the password on the server to "passwd%20hallo" it works.
I tried passing a custom URL to my Windows client which was :

ts3server://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX?port=9987&password=passwd hallo
This one worked for me, as it opend the connection just fine.

Seems like the URL isn't decoded at all when being passed to the Teamspeak-Client.

Status
Not open for further replies.