• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Can a friend join my Sinusbot to add music to playlists?

ShY TiT4N

Hi guys, I've tried to create more user accounts to have a friend logging in and adding music to playlists or creating some (since we play together a lot), but he didn't succeed logging in. Although, he has powers and the scripts in TeamSpeak work for him.. but he can't log in Sinusbot to upload music that we share? Can anyone help me solving this?

Brini

Helping Hand
Is your Sinusbot running on a server or your PC? When your friend uses the right username and the right Password that you've said, he should be able to login.

Kir-à

Helping Hand
is awesome!
Contributor
Hi,

Creation of the Sinusbot account:

Follow these steps to better follow:

1. Log in to your panel as 127.0.0.1:8087

2. Go to the User accounts tab at the top right click on "Add user (account)".

3. You complete the small registration as you wish.

As soon as this is done, you will have to fill in your friend's access permissions. The small symbols are clickable give him the permissions, if you want that he has a full access you check all the symbols.

To see the permissions of the symbols, I invite you to fly over them and you will see their actions.

To give access to your friend you must open port 8087 of your router thereafter give your IP to it followed by the port.

x.x.x.x.x:8087

You can find your IP here:

https://www.myip.com/

Brini

Helping Hand
From my profile I can, even with his profile, but apparently he can't login with the same data :/
Looks like you are hosting the SinusBot local an the ports are not open. So you are sure that you host it on a VPS or somethig similar?