Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Cant contact update server

squizer

Hello!
I got problem with starting sinubot on my linux VPS, my IP is: 46.36.36.6 and when I try to start it it writes: Couldnt contact update server. Can you please help me?

Thanks

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
The "could not contact update server" error most likely results from your IP getting blacklisted. This can have multiple reasons:
  • You have been running multiple Sinusbot processes on your server (to run more than 2 instances of the bot)
  • You are sharing your IP with someone else, who is doing the above.
  • Someone already did that with the IP your currently having.

Multivitamin

Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
The "could not contact update server" error most likely results from your IP getting blacklisted. This can have multiple reasons:
  • You have been running multiple Sinusbot processes on your server (to run more than 2 instances of the bot)
  • You are sharing your IP with someone else, who is doing the above.
  • Someone already did that with the IP your currently having.

I like this text, could be a good candidate for the FAQ
If you dont mind i will create a pull request, or you can do it by yourself https://github.com/SinusBot/docs