• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Cant start sinusbot again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
So basicaly it said i needed to update my bot so i can start the bot again
It was working fine until it said i needed to update. I updated, installed, extracted blalbalba and now when im trying to start the bot again:
I wrote:
./sinusbot -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat
And it said :
The parameter '-RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat' has been disabled for security reasons.

So i tried only with ./sinusbot and it said me that:
The bot will not run as root-user.

How do i disable that feature? Or how can i start the bot again? :/
Thank you.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
[FAQ=201][/FAQ]

what if i don't care about the security concerns ? why are you forcing me to do that if i actually want to run as root and i accept the consequences ?

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
what if i don't care about the security concerns ? why are you forcing me to do that if i actually want to run as root and i accept the consequences ?
Because it doesn't take almost any effort from your side to fix the issue (even writing this post took way more effort than fixing the issue)
and you don't understand the implications/consequences of such an irrational and egocentric decision.
People who have an own server and don't even follow basic safety recommendations lead to an easy target
that might get abused to amplify ddos attacks for example. It's not all about you.

Either you play by our rules or just simply don't use this software if you don't agree. I know this sounds a bit harsch but we see it as necessary.

GN7rRxC.gif

Last edited:
Hm ok, so i created an user named sinusbot. When i try to start it it asks if sinusbot is already running :/
Could not open /tmp/.sinusbot.lock. Is SinusBot already running?

Do i need to restart my vps to fix this issue? thanks

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Nevermind,i got it , thank you anyways
I needed to delete that file and an file named X40 :p
Do hand out root rights to any program on your server?

Wait a second, I will mail you an.. ehm.. "security-program". Pls install as root.

Status
Not open for further replies.