• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.
Hey,

I just wanted to ask you guys, if it is possible to create a channel with an Icon ID, so I wanted to implement it in the Auto Channel Creator.
The parameter "icon" or "iconId" hasn't worked.

Thank you for your ideas!

MauriceR

Contributor
Hi! This works fine for icons already existing on the server. But is it possible upload new own icon using sinusbot? Or any ideas how to do that?
You can't upload new Icons with the Sinusbot. You need to upload them with your normal client and use them accordingly with the Sinusbot.

AlexWolf

You can't upload new Icons with the Sinusbot. You need to upload them with your normal client and use them accordingly with the Sinusbot.
Why not? SinusBot using TS client inside itself. Is it some way to use it (TS client inside SinusBot) to upload a new icon?

MauriceR

Contributor
Why not? SinusBot using TS client inside itself. Is it some way to use it (TS client inside SinusBot) to upload a new icon?
Afaik the API doesn't have any feature to upload icons for Server Groups.
You can only change the Avatar of the Bot via the API.

AlexWolf

OMG! Finally I did it!
But I spent alot of time investigating why permission "i_icon_id" won't set existing icon.
It is really the bug:
For example: the icon has ID 1234567890 when we find it in the TeamSpeak3 client. If you set the "i_icon_id" parameter to 1234567890 value, then most likely nothing will happen. In order for the channel to have the selected icon, you need to set the value (1234567890 | -4294967296) It is because -4294967296 = 0xFFFF FFFF 0000 0000
However, I'm still not sure if this trick will always work or sometime not?
Who can check this bug on your server?