• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

could not decode downloader output: json: cannot unmarshal number 127.37 into Go struct field YTDLFormat.abr of type int

DnL8

Contributor
I see others have issue with the youtube-dl plugin for Sinusbot. If I run Sinusbot from Docker on Linux, how can I fix this? Just install an old version of youtube-dl and that's it?
@Clubfan patched a newer version of youtube-dl to work with sinusbot so you can run that for now, until sinusbot gets updated

The issue is caused by a slight change in youtube-dl's metadata output.
After a refactoring, it stores the 'adr' value as a floating -point number, but sinusbot expects an integer.
I patched youtube-dl and restored the old behaviour.
You can find a patched executable on github: https://github.com/Clubfan22/youtube-dl/releases/tag/2021.04.01-sinusbot
However, if you don't trust me (and really, you shouldn't just execute any code found on the internet!), you can build youtube-dl by yourself from my patched version: https://github.com/Clubfan22/youtube-dl

I don't plan on filing an upstream issue for youtube-dl because it really is a problem caused by sinusbot and should be fixed with a sinusbot update.

Are there any solutions for the Windows version of Sinubot already?
I have installed the newest version from sinubot. If i install the latest beta (january 2020?) i cant start sinubot cause its says the version has expired.

DnL8

Contributor
Are there any solutions for the Windows version of Sinubot already?
I have installed the newest version from sinubot. If i install the latest beta (january 2020?) i cant start sinubot cause its says the version has expired.

Yes, I'm using this patch from @MauriceR on Windows, until SinusBot gets updated. It's working fine for now.

I've compiled the script of @Clubfan into a windows executable. It worked for me.
Here's the link for Mediafire Download
And here's a VirusTotal scan of the file
Your System may tell you it's a virus, but you don't need to worry.

bertalanimre

@DnL8 I've downloaded the pathced youtube-dl but has not done anything for me. Restarted SinusBot in docker, but nothing :/ In the logs all I see is that I've used !yt command and no error message or anything regarding to this.

BoxTecnho

This version will work with the newer youtube-dl versions - it will soon be used for the Docker image as well and a Windows version should also follow shortly.
Thanks for the patience and especially thanks to @Clubfan for providing a workaround while you had to wait!
Any news about sinusbot windows update ?

The Linux version is working fine, the company where i bought my sinusbot recently gave me access to ftp files and i updated it.

Boggy

gadu

I have a fix ready but need to build a new version for which I don’t have time right now, so I’m happy there’s a workaround right now. The new update should be available within the next 2 weeks.
Hello,

I downloaded the new Windows version yesterday but the issue is already present with the last youtube-dl (from 2021.12.17). Is it planned to fix this issue ?

Thank you in advance

Regards

gadu

My Hero of the day, thank you SO MUCH
Yes but this version is completely outdated, 2 solutions :
- Get a recompiled youtube-dl with the last version (but it will be outdated in the future)
- Fix the problem in Sinusbot