• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

CPU spikes cause constant stuttering on on-demand servers due to steal time.

The "real" solution would probably be to prioritze playback over other stuff, so it's everything else that gets slowed down, tho I understand that might be difficult to do.

Alternatively, it would be really nice to have an option, to, as an example, make Sinusbot artificially increase CPU usage for a short period before it needs it.

more detailed explanation:
I'm running Sinusbot (the only decent music bot for teamspeak, that doesn't have 1000 dependencies, that vary with each distro, thanks to the docker container) on an on-demand instance. I have never had this issue with anything (TeamSpeak server, a bunch of scripts, game servers etc. etc.), even with other ytdl music bots. But specifically Sinusbot spikes CPU usage (to about 20-30% from almost nothing), which causes a lot of stuttering, due to CPU not being available instantly from the hypervisor and it not prioritizing playback, over fetching other music (at least that's what I assume it is).