• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Discord groupid

Guedes

Hello, could anyone tell me if it is possible to put permissions in a discord group? I'm going to tell you if the discord positions have id to put in the sinusbot and whoever has that group has permission on the bot, if you can to see the job id in the discord tell me how it's done, thanks to those who have not ignored

Bitz

Doesn't seem to be working. I still get the error:

2018-09-26T11:15:19-04:00 CHAT 2 [Bitz] < play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ > Command ignored, user unknown.

In the bot log after trying the command.
Here is the output of the !groups command:
3NrZFMZ.png

Here is the user (me) trying to call to the bot:

bxZ3Ukp.png

(Notice the role Trusted Pony being set)

And here is the configuration on the sinusbot web ui:

V9Lo4pv.png

Not sure what I missed. I tried a restart via cli and instance restart, neither provided any results after setting the group id.

I also tried entering the full long form of the group id (with the server path and all that, and it still does not work)

Last edited:

fojjul

Then send the instance log

Role permissions currently don't seem to work anyway though.
No unusual output from the log, would be useless pasting it here. But nevermind, I made changes to the Javascript by myself to make it work, and it's true that the role permissions doesn't work anyways.

DanielFTW

When i use !groups on channel i get this

2023/02/04 21:01:13 72de63aa f32ccdc7 PLUGIN [ :41:14] could not get author with ID=****************; replacing client with workaround

SgtWhiskyFuzz

Donor
is awesome!
update the script using this https://github.com/irgendwr/sinusbot-scripts/blob/master/group_list.js
remove

JavaScript:
        .checkPermission(allowAdminCommands)
and remove
Code:
    function allowAdminCommands(client) {
        switch (engine.getBackend()) {
            case "discord":
                return config.admins.includes(client.uid().split("/")[1])
            case "ts3":
                return config.admins.includes(client.uid())
            default:
                throw new Error(`Unknown backend ${engine.getBackend()}`)
        }
    }
These sections are broken as I had issues with my uid saving for authorized users.
Restart and DM !groups to the bot