• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Error a manual update is required

Himsel

Contributor
dude just copy and paste the following into /etc/ntp.conf

Code:
server 0.fr.pool.ntp.org
server 1.fr.pool.ntp.org
server 2.fr.pool.ntp.org
server 3.fr.pool.ntp.org

and then restart ntp with following command
systemctl restart ntpd

whats the problem? just do it ;)

Last edited:

Flosing

Tier I
If you have too little idea of how to get such systems up and do not want to know them. (Half an hour to learn and googling) Then hire someone.

barlap

Bro, i pay you if you can fix it, also i provided to Himsel user and pass and he can't fix it either...

barlap

ok bro i belive you but don't make me stupid because sinusbot si fucked up, i've installed sinusbots thousands of times, but afther this update i don't know what's happen. i tried to install on other vps from different location with different times, but it makes the same thing, so if you not tried yourself, don't judge other people.

Multivitamin

Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
I tried myself and sinusbit runs on my server and on at home where i create my scripts

barlap

I tried a reinstall of sinusbot and now at the finish of the instalation instead of showing me the admin and password it says
Code:
Failed to read password, try a reinstall again.
i tried again and same thing happens

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
ok bro i belive you but don't make me stupid because sinusbot si fucked up [...] don't judge other people.
You're not stupid, you're inexperienced. The result is still the same. To get it working, you need to either get experienced or ask someone to do it for you.
But if you ask every little question to other people, instead of finding a solution on your own, then the "getting experienced" part won't make progress.

And nobody is judging you here. But you are judging SinusBot to be fucked up, due to your inability!

https://sinusbot.github.io/docs/faq/installation/#what-is-the-default-username-and-password
Here you can override your current password, if the installer doesn't show it for odd reasons.

barlap

The problem is not the password, i know how tot override the password, when i try to override or start it, it tolds me
a manual update is required

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
So you should fix you "time issue" then!

Sometimes this can be manually done, as a lot of people tried to help you, or in other cases you cannot do it on your own, since it's a provider thingy (depending on your type of virtualisation and others things)

barlap

sorry bro, i already tried to describe my problem detailed but nobody seems to give a concrete solution.

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
and then restart ntp with following command
systemctl restart ntpd

whats the problem? just do it ;)
From my point of view, your effords stopped here.

The problem is, we are getting from a My car doesn't start to some kind of Give me a detailed guide how to dismantle my combustion engine... At some point you need to start getting professional help like a mechanic, and not the friendly guys, that stopped next to your non-working car.

Flosing

Tier I
From my point of view, your effords stopped here.

The problem is, we are getting from a My car doesn't start to some kind of Give me a detailed guide how to dismantle my combustion engine... At some point you need to start getting professional help like a mechanic, and not the friendly guys, that stopped next to your non-working car.
I'm laughing to death 😅 😅 😅 😅

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
If you're sure that the time is absolutely correct (and by that I mean using NTP as I said), run the diagnostic script and post the output.
You did not provide full information on your environment as requested in the READ ME BEFORE YOU POST threads but instead just drop information here and there.

I'm not even sure if you're allowed to run NTP inside an openvz vm, but it sounds like you really made sure the time is precise enough - so: diagnostic script output, please.