• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Forum Suggestions/Bugs (upload size/banners/threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
  1. Upload Size
    • The current upload size is set at 50 KB, which is really tiny. I don't even know how I was able to upload my first avatar when the filesize for it was 348 KB. I suggest this gets bumped up to appropriate amount such as 1 MB at least. While there are tools to resize and compress images, these aren't always helpful. For example, the avatar below I want to set, but even resized to 200x200 (recommended size) is 64.1 KB (used PS CS6)
    • rxtXkgz.png
  2. UserBanners
    • The userbanners on a person's profile have the default XF gradient image over them and in my opinion causes a "old-style" look. I'm a preference of flat over bulky most of the time and if the gradient image was remove, I feel it would look better and have a cleaner look to it and overall it's just better. The gradient causes the set background colors to not be as vibrant as they're set.
    • Original:
      QP1UKsS.png
    • Updated:
      c6KIbNq.png
    • Code:
      .userBanner {
          background: none; /*removes XF gradient image, and uses background-color*/
      }
  3. Creating a Thread
    • Currently when you create a thread with a large amount of text, a scroll bar appears, so you can still view the text without increasing the size of the input box, but for some reason there is an overflow causing content to go outside the box. This doesn't affect creating threads whatsoever, but rather an appearance bug.
    • rzH5xua.png
    • Solution: Remove the "height" attribute from the Rich Text Editor (remove "height: 100%;")

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
Darn, I read this as General Discussion and accidentally posted here, would someone (@flyth @Raphraph @Xuxe) mind moving this to Bugs/Feature Requests. That forum is more focused towards the bot (well they all are), but it's the closest in topics.

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
1. Strange, my picture have a size of more than 2 MB and that worked. o_O
2&3. Very good Ideas, but flyth does not have much time atm, so he will change that maybe in a few weeks. :)

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Hi,

I agree with 2 and 3, but 2 is not so importent :) A fix for the Editor would be nice, i look in to it next week if it does not break any other thing we can apply it :p

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
1. Strange, my picture have a size of more than 2 MB and that worked. o_O
IDK what happened, my current avatar was able to upload when I first joined. I feel like it might've changed sometime in between
Hi,

I agree with 2 and 3, but 2 is not so importent :) A fix for the Editor would be nice, i look in to it next week if it does not break any other thing we can apply it :p
Ok, thanks. Good to know :D

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
I hate bumping old threads, but another request is to enable Xenforo's Image/Link proxy, so everything proxies through the site for full SSL. This thread for example has 2 images both of which are non https, so there isn't a full green SSL on the url bar. Mixed content basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.