• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Full license and one bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagi2

oh my... all this hate against each other... just because of a fucking script/template whatever... call it what you like
i personally dont know anybody involved in this case but shouldnt you guys try and teach him about the mistakes he might have made instead of telling him to "f*ck off" ?
can we all agree we see the good intention in his try to help others? even if the outcome may not be the expected or wanted

nowadays you often cant find someone who is willing to help even with a single line of code when it would be to look over the script and make some changes within 1-2 minutes which wouldnt be much effort at all

everyone does things different when it comes to the question.. "where do you install your software"
do you install your games/programms in the default folders like the programmer suggests?
like C:\Program Files\Nameofthepublisher\nameoftheprogramm

or do you make your own libraries where you put your stuff...
like D:\Games\nameofthegame

and when it comes to linux... its even worse imho ^^
do you put the stuff in the users homefolder? (i prefer it this way)
or do you use locations like /opt/sinusbot which are suggested in the old installerscript of sinusbot

fact is... every variant may (or may not) work... for you... for others...
how can one tell another one his variant is wrong... when there is just no right or wrong at all imho

long story short.. what im trying to say is you should consider to take this guy (which has potential in my eyes) under your wing and advise him when he only tries to help

thats it folks... im out :cool:
👊

Justman10000

Helping Hand
oh my... all this hate against each other... just because of a fucking script/template whatever... call it what you like
i personally dont know anybody involved in this case but shouldnt you guys try and teach him about the mistakes he might have made instead of telling him to "f*ck off" ?
can we all agree we see the good intention in his try to help others? even if the outcome may not be the expected or wanted

nowadays you often cant find someone who is willing to help even with a single line of code when it would be to look over the script and make some changes within 1-2 minutes which wouldnt be much effort at all

everyone does things different when it comes to the question.. "where do you install your software"
do you install your games/programms in the default folders like the programmer suggests?
like C:\Program Files\Nameofthepublisher\nameoftheprogramm

or do you make your own libraries where you put your stuff...
like D:\Games\nameofthegame

and when it comes to linux... its even worse imho ^^
do you put the stuff in the users homefolder? (i prefer it this way)
or do you use locations like /opt/sinusbot which are suggested in the old installerscript of sinusbot

fact is... every variant may (or may not) work... for you... for others...
how can one tell another one his variant is wrong... when there is just no right or wrong at all imho

long story short.. what im trying to say is you should consider to take this guy (which has potential in my eyes) under your wing and advise him when he only tries to help

thats it folks... im out :cool:
👊
My words 🙂

David1981

Good evening, I had no idea that the discussion would start like this because of my inability to install the new sinusbot. I didn't want to start a discussion and arguments here, I just wanted to give advice. Be kind to yourself, I'd appreciate any advice. Even though I'm a linux amateur and I like to learn new things, even if I have to install it by shovel, I'll try to install it. I really appreciate the advice here from user Justman10000, thank you very much for that .And I want to ask if I can find the original installation of the new sinusbot somewhere?Just a standard installation or it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a video guide, for example. I'm just an amateur, but I'll try to advise and thank everyone in the discussion and Have a nice good night

David1981

Bash:
rm -r /tmp/.X11-unix
apt install x11vnc xvfb libxcursor1 ca-certificates bzip2 libnss3 libegl1-mesa x11-xkb-utils libasound2 libpci3 libxslt1.1 libxkbcommon0 libxss1 libglib2.0-0 libxcomposite1 curl screen -y
adduser --gecos --no-create-home --disabled-login --disabled-password sinusbot
mkdir /home/MusicBot
cd /home/MusicBot
wget https://www.sinusbot.com/pre/sinusbot-1.0.2-amd64.tar.bz2
bunzip2 sinusbot*.tar.bz2
tar xvf sinusbot*.tar
rm -r sinusbot*.tar
cd /home/MusicBot
rm -r config.ini.dist
wget https://pastebin.com/raw/d2D6wcPF -O config.ini
wget https://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/client/3.5.6/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.5.6.run
bash TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.5.6.run

Press enter, y and enter again to agree to the TeamSpeak terms of use... Then run:

Bash:
rm -r TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.5.6.run
mv TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64 ts3
rm -r ts3/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-glx-integration.so
mkdir ts3/plugins
cp plugin/libsoundbot_plugin.so ts3/plugins
chmod -R 777 .
sudo -u sinusbot ./sinusbot -override-password '1234'

Now log in to 0.0.0.0:8087 and use admin as username, 1234 as password (you can reset this under Settings -> User -> Edit)... Oh, and replace 0.0.0.0 with your IP
This is what you meant ? And thank you very much

Jniklas2

Donor
is awesome!
Insider
Is clearer and has more functions at the same time
But it has a few flaws in it...

1. Why are you using screen and not creating a service for sinusbot?
    With a service it would automatically restart after you restart your server.
  2. Also you're seemingly setting the sinusbot port on port 0 instead of the default one.
  3. You're checking if the command python exists but you don't check the python version since yt-dlp only supports python 3.6+
  4. You're starting sinusbot with the override-password parameter. You should try to read the output and get the generated password out of it. (Simply more secure for stupid/lazy people ;))
  5. You're script works only on debian based systems (not really a flaw, but you should at least check for things like apt before doing anything)
  6. You should check for other dependencies like the kernel version and what virtualization is used (if any).
    Why virtualization check? For OpenVZ based systems, you can't update the kernel and most (if not all) systems are using a very old kernel.
  7. From where do you get the version info for the latest version?
  8. You're setting the sinusbot directory as readable for everyone. That's a very big nogo for any linux system
What I like about your script:
  1. You're asking and warning before deleting the lock file (even though you should invert the y/n selection. If I would write an a (for abort) or let it empty as the answer you delete the file)
  2. You let the administrator choose the desired port, that he wants to use.

Those only a few things I spotted during a quick glance over your script.

And why is your script clearer?
And why are you thinking, there are more functions in your script than in the official?
Sure, you can select yt-dlp or youtube-dl and which ts3 client version to use (both options are a bit stupid in my opinion) but the official one supports multiple operating systems and you can choose between discord+teamspeak or only discord.

David1981

2. Also you're seemingly setting the sinusbot port on port 0 instead of the default one.
  3. You're checking if the command python exists but you don't check the python version since yt-dlp only supports python 3.6+
  4. You're starting sinusbot with the override-password parameter. You should try to read the output and get the generated password out of it. (Simply more secure for stupid/lazy people ;))
  5. You're script works only on debian based systems (not really a flaw, but you should at least check for things like apt before doing anything)
  6. You should check for other dependencies like the kernel version and what virtualization is used (if any).
    Why virtualization check? For OpenVZ based systems, you can't update the kernel and most (if not all) systems are using a very old kernel.
  8. You're setting the sinusbot directory as readable for everyone. That's a very big nogo for any linux system
  1. You're asking and warning before deleting the lock file (even though you should invert the y/n selection. If I would write an a (for abort) or let it empty as the answer you delete the file)

Those only a few things I spotted during a quick glance over your script.

And why are you thinking, there are more functions in your script than in the official?
Sure, you can select yt-dlp or youtube-dl and which ts3 client version to use (both options are a bit stupid in my opinion) but the official one supports multiple operating systems and you can choose between discord+teamspeak or only discord.
Good evening, if there are a few errors, where can I find a simple installation? I also installed the last sinusbot myself. And now I don't understand why it's so complicated .

Justman10000

Helping Hand

That's exactly how it goes @Lala Sabathil, good feedback that I can relate to! Will try to implement everything

Justman10000

Helping Hand
I was not speaking in comparison to the official script! I was speaking in comparison to here
Bash:
rm -r /tmp/.X11-unix
apt install x11vnc xvfb libxcursor1 ca-certificates bzip2 libnss3 libegl1-mesa x11-xkb-utils libasound2 libpci3 libxslt1.1 libxkbcommon0 libxss1 libglib2.0-0 libxcomposite1 curl screen -y
adduser --gecos --no-create-home --disabled-login --disabled-password sinusbot
mkdir /home/MusicBot
cd /home/MusicBot
wget https://www.sinusbot.com/pre/sinusbot-1.0.2-amd64.tar.bz2
bunzip2 sinusbot*.tar.bz2
tar xvf sinusbot*.tar
rm -r sinusbot*.tar
cd /home/MusicBot
rm -r config.ini.dist
wget https://pastebin.com/raw/d2D6wcPF -O config.ini
wget https://files.teamspeak-services.com/releases/client/3.5.6/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.5.6.run
bash TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.5.6.run

Press enter, y and enter again to agree to the TeamSpeak terms of use... Then run:

Bash:
rm -r TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.5.6.run
mv TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64 ts3
rm -r ts3/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-glx-integration.so
mkdir ts3/plugins
cp plugin/libsoundbot_plugin.so ts3/plugins
chmod -R 777 .
sudo -u sinusbot ./sinusbot -override-password '1234'

Now log in to 0.0.0.0:8087 and use admin as username, 1234 as password (you can reset this under Settings -> User -> Edit)... Oh, and replace 0.0.0.0 with your IP

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
FYI, the installation guide is now updated with the latest information.
Additionally the current version under /dl is now 1.0.2, so the installation guide works again.
Furthermore the SinusBot installer got fixed.
Everything should be simple enough again ❤️

Jniklas2

Donor
is awesome!
Insider
I was not speaking in comparison to the official script! I was speaking in comparison to here
That thing, that you had previously wasn't near a script (only a few commands), so I thought you compared your script to the other script.

Status
Not open for further replies.