• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

How to configure Datadir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altar

Donor
is awesome!
  • Newest version
  • Windows Server 2012 R2
  • VPS
  • Internet Explorer
  • your config.ini

TS3Path = "C:\\SinusBot\\TeamSpeak 3 Client\\ts3client_win64.exe"
ListenHost = "0.0.0.0"
DataDir = ""
ListenPort = 8087
LocalPlayback = false
EnableLocalFS = false
LogLevel = 10
EnableProfiler = false
YoutubeDLPath = "C:\\SinusBot\\youtube-dl.exe"
EnableDebugConsole = false
UploadLimit = 83886080
RunAsUser = 0
RunAsGroup = 0
InstanceActionLimit = 6
UseSSL = false
SSLKeyFile = ""
SSLCertFile = ""
Hostname = ""
MTU = 1500
SampleInterval = 100
StartVNC = false
EnableMulticastMetadata = false
EnableWebStream = false
LogFile = ""
LicenseKey = "Aklyt9S48lyTEoNnyuH6UzygvWk0T+GCilnQzP+yQgY="
EnableAloneMode = false

When entering a directory in the DataDir section and rebooting the bot the cmd window will quickly appear and then vanish.

My VPS has a very low amount of storage and I was attempting to point the Data directory to another drive.

Thanks for any possible assistance.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Please post your config with the new DataDir in place.
Make sure you've created that new directory and you use two backslashes like in TS3Path & YoutubeDLPath. Also move the contents of the current DataDir (that is ./data) to the new directory.

Altar

Donor
is awesome!
TS3Path = "C:\\SinusBot\\TeamSpeak 3 Client\\ts3client_win64.exe"
ListenHost = "0.0.0.0"
DataDir = "Z:\\SinusBot\\data"
ListenPort = 8087
LocalPlayback = false
EnableLocalFS = false
LogLevel = 10
EnableProfiler = false
YoutubeDLPath = "C:\\SinusBot\\youtube-dl.exe"
EnableDebugConsole = false
UploadLimit = 83886080
RunAsUser = 0
RunAsGroup = 0
InstanceActionLimit = 6
UseSSL = false
SSLKeyFile = ""
SSLCertFile = ""
Hostname = ""
MTU = 1500
SampleInterval = 100
StartVNC = false
EnableMulticastMetadata = false
EnableWebStream = false
LogFile = ""
LicenseKey = "Aklyt9S48lyTEoNnyuH6UzygvWk0T+GCilnQzP+yQgY="
EnableAloneMode = false

My current Data folder has been "copied" to the new directory but still exists in the old one. Is that an issue?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Nope, that's not an issue. What could be an issue, is the missing \\ at the end of the path.

Altar

Donor
is awesome!
Nevermind... Still having an issue. Looks like the bot is starting with that new addition but uploading songs and using the !ytdl command are still writing files to the old data folder...

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You're right, that's a bug :/ Will be fixed in the next release - although I don't know yet when exactly that will happen for windows.

Altar

Donor
is awesome!
Stuck with a 25GB Hard disk then :/ Do you think theres possibly a workaround I could attempt?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You could move the whole bot folder and leave that datadir config empty again. Should work just fine.

Altar

Donor
is awesome!
It doesn't simply because I'm using a mapped network drive & it won't boot teamspeak up from it for some reason :(

I'll keep messing around and see if I can figure something out

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You have to run the bot with the same user account that mapped that network drive - so not as admin if you're trying to do that.
You could also try to leave the client on your C:\ drive and move the rest of the bot if _only_ the client barfs around.

penalte

you should put teamspeak in "C:\\TeamSpeak 3 Client\\ts3client_win64.exe" and then copy sinusbot folder to the z: drive then edit this:

TS3Path = "C:\\TeamSpeak 3 Client\\ts3client_win64.exe"
DataDir = ""

Should work...

Altar

Donor
is awesome!
When attempting to run teamspeak from a directory on my C drive whilist running the Sinusbot on the Z drive I get this problem - the bot(s) in the teamspeak seem to have no audio device connected

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You cannot simply use your normal TS3 installation. You need to use the one that the bot installer copied (e.g. C:\SinusBot\TeamSpeak 3 Client\...).
That's because there's an additional plugin that provides that audio device you're talking about.

penalte

I think you can just put the data folder in z drive then make a shortcut to that folder and put it in C:\SinusBot\

penalte

The shortcut name must be data, and edit the permissions to that folder, so the administrator acount can write on it

Altar

Donor
is awesome!
pgkXa3P.png

Using the actual Sinusbot TS3 Client I was able to get the bot to show as if it has an audio device connected. But now it will not accept chat commands and playing music through the control panel does not output any audio in teamspeak (the voice icon does not even light up)

Status
Not open for further replies.