• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Installation complications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!
I hope you are all well.
I've been encountering some issues and hopefully you can help me fix them.
I want to install the bot on my Qnap NAS. This is the model: https://www.qnap.com/en/product/model.php?II=189
Basically, I've been trying to install teamspeak 3 but I'm not sure how to, nothing of what I've searched on the internet worked.
Can anyone provide a detailed step by step way to install it?
I assume I must install the TS3 CLIENT because the server is already running, all I want is to have the music bot running too.
I've read a lot of things about the CPU architecture not working, but mine, as you can check, is intel quadcore so it should be fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I don't know if there are any x/window manager libs for your QNAP available, but I doubt it. That's necessary to run a TS instance.
The only option you have is to follow the manual setup guide for Ubuntu/Debian and replace the dependency installation (apt-get lines) with the corresponding ones for your QNAP. I think you have a much better chance for getting help on their forums, actually.

READ ME BEFORE YOU POST
#Edit
Have you tried to use the Installer Script for Linux, or are you using an Windows Server?

Thank you for your response.
I did read that and unfortunately there is nothing to report as nothing is actually happening.
The whole problem here is that I try to run in it through "putty" in SSH (because that's the only way to get a terminal on the QNAP NAS) and nothing happens. It either doesn't find the file or nothing happens. I'm not using anything on windows.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

I don't know if there are any x/window manager libs for your QNAP available, but I doubt it. That's necessary to run a TS instance.
The only option you have is to follow the manual setup guide for Ubuntu/Debian and replace the dependency installation (apt-get lines) with the corresponding ones for your QNAP. I think you have a much better chance for getting help on their forums, actually.

I did, hopefully they will know what to do. I quoted you on the post so they have some background on what might need to be done.
I hope you don't mind.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.